[From press conference] Henry Cejudo offers Dana a deal to save flyweight division

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Fucking love it when fighters call out Dana

I liked Cejudo, now became a fan
A true role model
Mini Shamrock bless

Remember seeing Henry on one of the countdown shows and he seemed like a really cool dude. Rooting for him here but don't think he will win!

Its going to have be a hell of a fight to keep the division.

Read thread title

Immediately went outside, sat on ground and prayed to the heavens flyweight does not get saved

I respect that. So much better than the dweeb pleading for a fighters' union and then bragging about going down a weight class and being sent by the company brass to kill an entire division.

I think the only thing that will save the division is if the winner of this fight can draw viewers. Cejudo has done a fantastic job of getting his name out there lately. But if some other person wins the belt that isn't marketable, the division might get scrapped. I think it's a matter of time at this point.

Also there's a lot more people behind these decisions than just Dana.

Implying getting rid of the div, but not committing to it gets fighters and fans behind saving it. Great strategy, even if unintentional. There's never been this much talk about Flyweight.

Dana doesn't care who wins

Dana thinking...
Make us a fuck ton of money win or lose and i'll keep the division around

Cejudo is so dry and slow and boring, fuck. I love how he acts like him beating DJ by a split decision saved the division. Nobody knows you bro. Why do you think Dana is sending TJ down to woop your ass? It’s time to fold up shop baby and TJ is the demolition man

Back