From fatness to fitness

pullups: 8x8
Rows: 8x8
Reverse Fly's: 5x10
Curls: 3x10
face pulls: 3x10

1.5 hours BJJ

Then doing 2 hours Kuk Sool training this morning.

1.5 hours BJJ yesterday. Today i'll rest (as much rest as you get when you tteach MA for a living atleast lol) then lift again tomorrow.

OHP: 8x8. Started at 95lbs which was a bit high...by the end i had to drop to 45lbs lol.
Dips: 8x8
Tricep extensions: 5x10
Delt raises: 3x8
Lateral Raises: 3x8

tomorrow have a 3 hour seminar with Macaco. He's back in town so it'll be good to see my old coach again.

3 hours of awesome training.

It was great seeing Macaco again, and so many old training partners coming out of the wood work to train again! Some of these guys I haven't rolled with in 2+ years.

35462730_10211296651081660_5943692081431052288_n.jpg

The "OG" Houston Macaco squad.

Notes from the seminar. He covered a LOT in the 3 hours so i'm glad there's video.

1.) Scissor sweep to knee on belly to mount, to armbar.
2.) scissor sweep to KoB to mount, to armbar (they defend) you switch grip and vertical ezekial choke.
3.) scissor to KoB to mount to armbar (they defend) to ezekial (they defend), switch back to original grip, top arm grab around the back, stand up and take back control. Snake hand in for collar choke (pulley choke/gi rear naked depending on what you wanna call it)
4.) Scissor sweep (they defend). 2 on 1 grip, pass arm to other side. Reach up over their shoulder and grab the belt. Half butterfly/scissor sweep roll back, drive their head to floor and kick over. Take mount.

5.) Open guard sweep, they step back. Tripod sweep, step through and knee bar. toe hold when they defend.

6.) Ouchi Gari. end in guard. forward to center of their chest, pin 1 wrist to the ground. post up, feed wrist under their back to other hand. Break open legs and kneeslide. KoB --> Mount. Reach elbow over head and pull head to your knee. roll into guard and grab their arm that's behind their back with both hands, pulling upwards for shoulder lock.

7.) Back control, double unders. Threaten neck/arm triangle. switch to side, as he turns pull his far wrist behind his back, switch your close wrist to half nelson position. feed your leg that's behind his back under his far arm. pull his head down, close leg goes over his head. Lock feet and turn to side for crucifix/shoulder crank

8.) Kata Garuma counter, pull up on far shoulder with both hands, slide the leg that's towards his back in front and under close shoulder. Squeeze knees together and fall back and to the side for crucifix.arm closest to his head wraps around the kneck and grabs your own knee. Turn to your knees and roll over the shoulder closest to him. As you roll feed hands through and guillotine.

There's more that I can't remember atm, i have video luckily so will try and update these notes later.

Did 1.5 hours of boxing drill on tuesday: Bagwork, shadow boxing, etc... With some kicking drills thrown in the mix. But mostly boxing.

1.5 hours BJJ this morning: Mostly boring stuff, Gracie self defense stuff.

The last 2 months i've been doing 8x8. Starting today i'm moving that to 8x5 and upping the weight again. Then after a couple of months. I will be doing 10x3.

Weight stayed stagnant for the most part the last 2 months (i was 207 today). But I can see more size/definition in my arms/shoulders. And my waist is smaller. So there's that.

Bench: 135 7x5
Dips: 8x5
Tricep extension: 5x10
Curls: 4x10
Fly's: 5x10

pullups: 8x5 30s rest
Rows: 8x5 30s rest
facepulls: 5x8
curls: 3x10
reverse fly's: 5x10

DB press: 8x5 40lbs
Cable shoulder press: 4x10 (lower weight)
Tricep extensions: 8x8
Reverse fly's: 3x10

8x5 pullups
5x5 curl grip rows
3x15 face pulls

Didn't have much time before work. But also just not feeling great today, hope i'm not getting sick.

Hey, how is the weight loss going?

Hey, how is the weight loss going?
I haven't been logging lately, been super busy at work.

i'm down from 220 to 205 atm, the last month or 2 have been holding there, but still gaining strength.

I haven't had as much time to go to the gym, so been doing more pullups/pushups.
I'm up to doing 7-8 handstand pushups, and about 15 max pullups at my current weight.

Back