From fatness to fitness

Fun fact about Kuk Sool:

He (Goodridge) was approached by a Kuk Sool Won school before competing and was told he would be given a black belt if he agreed to represent the school, so even though he had only two classes under his belt, he represented Kuk Sool Won in the tournament.
His debut fight provided one of the most violent KO's in the history of the sport. It was the one move he had been taught by the school.

Yep, all true. I've never heard that they taught him that 1 move though, and considering it's a semi-common BJJ move, i have my doubts on that.

But the Kuk Sool Won association is kind of a shitshow with good marketing claiming that they have "secret" techniques, or the only "complete" martial art. REminds me a lot of certain Gracies actually.

We broke away from the main association a number of years back because of their trying to control how we ran classes, what we charged our students, not allowing students to compete in open tournaments, things like that. (KSW also does not allow their students to do full contact sparring, we do)

1 hour kuk sool.

Had the stomach flu all weekend. Thought it was food poisoning, not much better still...between thursday and sunday i had 1 meal... rip

3x 1000m rows on the C2 machine.

longest time was right at 5:00 most were a bit lower around 4:50 or so.

Down to 210-212lbs atm too.

Monday: Trained BJJ with an old friend of mine and her new boyfriend. Who happens to be a 4th degree blackbelt named Roger costa. Awesome training, got some tips for my knee in guard passing too.

Wednesday: 1 hour Kuk Sool

I'm right at 210 and holding steady, i'm expecting to be 200 even by the end of the month, if not a bit lower.

Sunday: 1.5 hours of BJJ rolling. rolled with a monster of a brown belt, couldn't do jack shit against him.

Monday(today): cardio, 5 min aerodyne bike warmup (should've done this after, the resistance is so high on the bikes at my gym)
3 minute c2 "sprint" - 650m
10 minute "slower" - 1850m

Yesterday: 1 hour kuk sool.

Hamstring really bothering me, makes it hard to do much kicking.

cardio today

Biking, got 5 miles in 14:50 time.

170 to 215? Yowzers.

Good luck getting it all back.

Welcome back to the suck, homeslice. TIME TO GET RIPT OR DIE MIRIN

I know right Jaunty? it's been a rough year or 2 lol.

thanks golv, it'll come back. Just a matter of how quickly.

tomo nage from butterfly? iv seen it from spider and de la riva and basic open guards but they need to be standing with foot on the hip

It's not a "literal" tomoe nage. More of a mix between that and sumi gaeshi. But both feet are on the hips, bring knees in almost together, kick forward to get them posted out/up on their feet. Then as they drive back in, scoot underneath and sweep.

I am expecting stories of remarkable riptitude to bursting from this log in short order.

Absolutely. It'll get back there now that I finally have some motivation/fire again.

Specifically, the first 15lbs came like 2 years ago... was hovering around 185 and had bulked up a little bit. then slowly rose to hover between 195-200 over the next year.... and then Hurricane harvey hit, completely fucked our home (luckily we saved most of the stuff inside of it, and hte people/animals of course). So i was living with a buddy of mine for 5 months...and i put on 15-20lbs during those months just from eating like absolute shit, not working out, and being just depressed as shit overall.

That's all back there now. Time to kick some ass again. I gotta stay ahead of all my students! lol.

tweeked my UCL yesterday in BJJ. but went today anyways for a bit.
bench: 135x3x10
Dips
Tricep extensions
Flys
(nothing else cause of my elbow botherin me).

Under 210 as of this morning! (barely, but still).

205 by the end of the month is doable. 195 by the end of april.

today:
Pullups
pulldowns
Rows

didn't have much time, so got in and got out.

weight up to 211 today, ate a bit heavy yesterday so holding more water/food.

Shoulder press
Tricep extensions
DB OHP
shrugs
front Delt raises
Lateral raises.

Today:

Bench press:
135x10
145x10
155x8
165x6

Tricep extensions 6 sets
Cable chest press
Flys

Will hopefully be able to get a class of kuks ool in tonight. And then BJJ again this friday.

1 hour kuk sool. Been a day...dealing with overprotective emotional parents. ugh.

down to 208 as of right now.

Every single rack was being used today (and my gym has like 10-12). So just did extra sets of everything else. Cause I couldn't wait around to do Deadlifts today.

close grip lat pulldowns
Wide grip lat pulldowns
Rows
Straight arm lat pulldowns (dunno what to call this)
reverse flies
Shrugs

floating between 207-211 right now.

lost a total of 10lbs in March. Didn't get to train as much as I'd like towards the end of the month (bjj/kuksool wise) Cause of my boss being out of town....taught 35 hours worth of classes last week covering for people lol.

DB ohp: 40x10x3, 30x10x3
Dips: 5x10
Tricep extensions
Delt raises
Lateral raises

Helped a friend of mine with her squats. She got up to 85x5 today! (she weighs about 120, and never done any weightlifting in her life prior to a month or 2 ago)

Back