From fatness to fitness

Gfreak

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Been a loong time since i've been on these forums.

But i've gotten fat as shit. So it's time to change that.

Between stress/work/relationships I've just gotten lazy and apathetic. Started lifting again a couple weeks ago when I finally got a place that i could do Oly lifting again.

Old lifts:

Snatch 185
C&J 245
Front Squat 285
backsquat 365
all at 170lbs body weight.

Right now, i'm no where near that and am at 215lbs bodyweight. First goal is to drop back down to 170-180. Then start really bringin those lifts back up.

Hopefully some of the old members are still around.

questions/tips/advice/concerns are always welcome.

1 hour Kuk sool.

Light sparring, flexibility work, and reviewing some techniques.

1 hour BJJ

worked Mount escapes and 2 footed variation of tomoe nage from butterfly guard.

attempted 1 hour of kuk sool... right before class someone attempted a Kani-Basami on me, and missed. Slammed his knee cap straight into the top of my foot. Can barely put pressure on it right now. so yea, fml.

Ran through my newer forms and weapons forms. Then did a bunch of pushups and situps before leaving.

Front squats up to 175x5
then Klokov presses
pullups
tricep extensions

Snatches up to 115x3.

My form is horrendous on these as it's been so long, the very last snatch i did felt like i was starting to get the groove back.. definitely gonna be trying to push this back to where i used to be (185)

Rows
Shrugs
Kroc Rows
Curls

Good luck to you man! I'm doing something similar, hopefully will start some Oly training next month.

Thanks man.

Front squats up to 205x5
Klokov presses up to 95x8
Pullups
Tricep extensions

Yesterday
Bench press up to 135x10
Dips
Flies
Leg Raises

Deadlifts up to 305x2-3
Rows
Kroc Rows
Reverse Flies
Curls

Yesterday.

bench press up to 175x3
dips
tricep extensions
flys

Yesterday
2 hours of Kuk sool

yesterday, 1 hour Kuk Sool.

Messed up my elbow a bit practing throws with a lower belt. Knee's been bothering me pretty bad lately as well (osgood schlatter's)

Went to the gym, did klokov presses. Tried to squat, hurt the knee too much. Decided to call it there. Deadlift day tomorrow.

Hey man,

Just googled Kuk Sool. It sounds interesting. How does the average class look like?

Good luck with the log and careful with the injuries and bad relationships :) My physique is doing so much better since I am single haha :D

Well, including myself. There's a couple different instructors that'll teach any given class. And we all teach fairly differently so it's hard to say what an "average" class would look like haha.

We rotate each week on what we're "supposed" to be teaching. (i.e. sparring 1 week, forms the next, techniques the next, etc..) But we only follow that as a guideline.

Today for instance when I taught, we went over some point sparring kicking reaction/countering drills. As our students have a tournament coming up. Yesterday when another instructor taught, it was Throws the entire class.

on Wednesday, forgot to log this.

Bench up to 165 3x5
Dips
Tricep Extensions
Delt Raises
Curls

Pulled a glute at some point this week... Possibly at BJJ on monday? Not really sure, all i know is i made it worse trying to practice kuk sool tonight... Aaaand I have a sparring match on Saturday with a different school. So that's gonna suck.

Yesterday, kuk sool 1 hour.

Today, kuk sool 1 hour

Bench up to 155x8
Dips
Tricep extensions
Curls

Hey man,

Just googled Kuk Sool. It sounds interesting. How does the average class look like?

Good luck with the log and careful with the injuries and bad relationships :) My physique is doing so much better since I am single haha :D
Fun fact about Kuk Sool:

He (Goodridge) was approached by a Kuk Sool Won school before competing and was told he would be given a black belt if he agreed to represent the school, so even though he had only two classes under his belt, he represented Kuk Sool Won in the tournament.
His debut fight provided one of the most violent KO's in the history of the sport. It was the one move he had been taught by the school.

Back