Frode's road to Thailand 2014

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
My road to Thailand 2014

This weekend i am starting my trainingcamp to get into fighting shape for my trip to Thailand early in january 2014. It is gonna be almost 14 full weeks of training to get in peak condition. When i step on the plane in januay, i am gonna be fit for fight.

My final goal: Being ready to go to war. Low bodyfat %, good cardio, great timing.. Every weapon in my toolkit sharp and ready to go. I wanna be around 72-73 kg when get on the plane.

Trainingcamp starts friday, september 27th!!

I will make this training camp into three different phases. Each "phase" being about one month long.

Phase 1: Strenght and power strikes.
This phase will last out october. I will focus on alot of heavy lifting to build power. Both for my strikes and just for explosive power. I will also help keeping the injuries away.

So how will phase one look in the gym?

Strenght training: Heavy lifting 4-5 times a week. Not that many reps. 5 x 5 or similar ways of lifting. Focus on shoulderpress, squat, deadlifts, benchpress (dumbbells), pull-ups, ect. Also different core training between round on the heavybag.

Cardio: Medium focus. Not that long sessions. Short incline sprinting two times a week. Bicycle to work 5 times a week. Heavybag and sparring will also give cardio training.

Martial arts training: Alot of solo training. Heavy bag and shadowboxing. I am very creative on the heavy bag. I do alot of different things. So i will do 10 or 12 round on the bag every time i go to the gym. 5-6 times a week. In phase one, i will focus on building power in my roundkicks and punches.

Sparring and pads will not be that much done this month. Because we are i the middle of getting your gym ready. It wont be ready before the end of october.

My weight right now: 77 - 78 kg.

I will post updates with sometimes photos and videos in this log.

Let the training begin..

Good luck, I look forward to following your progress.

Best of luck, Frode.

Make sure you keep us posted regularly!

thanks.

i will.. (in the other log in the strenght forum)

:)

Back