froch vs ggg: on the moon

Would rather see Froch fight Jr, and let a GGG fight marinate a little bit.

Styles make fights and I think Froch beats GGG. GGG can get lazy sometimes like he did against Curtis Stevens and get caught with some shots. As you can see, Froch does have big power and he will have the height advantage and will get more leverage into his punches. GGG should really just stick to middleweight. He won't be dominating guys like that at super middleweight.

I agree, he needs to fight GGG. My life will not be complete until Froch gets T/KOed

I agree, he needs to fight GGG. My life will not be complete until Froch gets T/KOed

You're going to die an unhappy man, Froch has taken literally 100s of absolute bombs and kept ticking. He can be slowed down, but he's almost impossible to stop.

I don't really think Golovkin is ready for that fight. He's never fought at 168 and hasn't fought competition anywhere near Froch's level.

Froch has already said he wants none of GGG anyway, he said he wanted no part of that power and that the fight wouldn't do anything for him anyway. Could change his tune of course but i'd be surprised.

Really? did he really say that? Doesn't sound like something he would say. Froch can handle GGG and I don't see him trying to avoid him. Only if there's bigger fights to make.

Really? did he really say that? Doesn't sound like something he would say. Froch can handle GGG and I don't see him trying to avoid him. Only if there's bigger fights to make.

Yeh i was surprised as well. He said it in one of the build up programmes for the fight, might have been on Ringside. Basically said he thought GGGs power was scary and that it would be foolish for him (or anyone) to take that fight if they didn't need to.

It's not really his decision though, Rob McCracken and Eddie Hearn handle that side of things for him. They'd definitely steer him towards Jr over GGG i think though.

Either Froch or Chavez Jr would be good for GGG's career. Big names, easy wins for him imo.

I don't really think Golovkin is ready for that fight. He's never fought at 168 and hasn't fought competition anywhere near Froch's level.

Golovkin is 32 years old and it's either now or never. I don't think he's going to stay as relevant as Froch for so long. Froch is also too big for Golovkin and come fight night the size difference will be visible. Froch would wear him down and unless Golovkin catches Froch in a slugfest similar to the first fight between Groves and Froch, it's going to be an easy fight for Froch. Golovkin has power but I don't think he has the kind of power that Froch possesses as he demonstrated against Groves last night.

Yeh i was surprised as well. He said it in one of the build up programmes for the fight, might have been on Ringside. Basically said he thought GGGs power was scary and that it would be foolish for him (or anyone) to take that fight if they didn't need to.

It's not really his decision though, Rob McCracken and Eddie Hearn handle that side of things for him. They'd definitely steer him towards Jr over GGG i think though.

Missed that, lost all respect for him.

Missed that, lost all respect for him.

Judging by the rubbish you were spewing in the fight thread, i don't think you had much for him in the first place anyway.

Froch is entitled to fight whoever he wants to fight, and anyone who accuses him of avoiding hard fights is a moron, the guy's fought everyone out there in his division and come out on top more often than not.

And for the record, i think he'd probably beat GGG, but it's perfectly understandable why he'd take Jr over him. Same name power, easier fight, nothing left to prove in the division.

Here's the clip, at 9:30ish.

To be fair, when i was going back trying to find that, i saw GGG mentioned in another interview after this one where Carl was saying he was disappointed to be facing Groves instead of GGG originally, as he'd wanted to fight Gennady or Jr. So unless Carl's changed his mind i don't think he was being all that serious here.

If the money comes out right and the Chavez fight doesn't look as appealing i still think he'd fight GGG. He's never ducked anyone before, can't see him starting now really. Especially not a guy who's much smaller than him, power or not.

According to Hearn and Froch on Ringside, a fight against Chavez Jr in Vegas is their preferred option next, then either retirement or maybe one more fight next summer against De Gale, provided he beats a big name fighter between now and then.

Sounds good to me.

Back