Froch-Groves II: 1 million ppv buys! More buys than Mayweather?

bute-miranda.gif

one of my favorite KO's of all time

That's a pretty horrible article.

You might not know who Eddie Hearn is, but if you’re reading Boxing Insider, you should become familiar with the name. Why? Because he’s the guy who just this past weekend singlehandedly proved that boxing isn’t dead.

And of course, there is no mention of where any reports are coming from.

yeah i stopped reading at that point. dumbass "journalist"

Jaffe I agree it seems that the journalist is very enthusiastic but has outdated viewpoint. My guess the source is the actual promoter. Might be legit though. They did sell a ton of tickets.

Yes this was on PPV and yes those numbers are only from the UK. 1 in 70 of the population bought the fight, to match that Floyd would have to do 4.6 million PPV buys in the US. Not only would Floyd/Pac not do that, it probably wouldn't even get close.

Big boxing fights involving a British fighter are just a bigger deal over here than big fights are in the US, they get serious attention.

To those doubting the numbers, don't. Sky were quietly confident of 1 mill buys and word coming out is that they got it, i have a cousin who works there who seems to think they sold 1 mill quite comfortably actually. He said there was talk on the day that they thought it might top Hatton-Mayweather (1.2 million) but he hasn't heard anything since so i'm guessing it didn't quite manage that.

these are the sky sports numbers, thats like saying fox sports 2 numbers

these are the sky sports numbers, thats like saying fox sports 2 numbers

Please explain.. Those numbers are ACTUAL PPV numbers not viewership. Not sure I understand what you are attempting to say.

Are you implying it wasn't ppv on sky?

Yes this was on PPV and yes those numbers are only from the UK. 1 in 70 of the population bought the fight, to match that Floyd would have to do 4.6 million PPV buys in the US. Not only would Floyd/Pac not do that, it probably wouldn't even get close.

Big boxing fights involving a British fighter are just a bigger deal over here than big fights are in the US, they get serious attention.

To those doubting the numbers, don't. Sky were quietly confident of 1 mill buys and word coming out is that they got it, i have a cousin who works there who seems to think they sold 1 mill quite comfortably actually. He said there was talk on the day that they thought it might top Hatton-Mayweather (1.2 million) but he hasn't heard anything since so i'm guessing it didn't quite manage that.

damn , thanks. I would love to see a fight over there live it looks like a BIG event. My friends were commenting that in England they do boxing BIG

now let's watch mayweather fanboys get all sensitive about this .

So Zroc gets shitted on and ran out of here cause uses Twitter and Google for his stats but people can use they cousin as a source and no one says anything. Haha. WTH.

did zroc really leave because of that ? link to the thread please?

i find it ironic that if you search " zroc boxing twitter " on google, it suggests " rip boxing " . :)

That's really impressive, especially considering their population.

One fifth of the Pop. and spunks on Floyd. Hmmm..

Actually there are reports that Floyd is interested in fighting Khan at Wembley too, maybe hearing the numbers piqued his interest?

One fifth of the Pop. and spunks on Floyd. Hmmm..

Actually there are reports that Floyd is interested in fighting Khan at Wembley too, maybe hearing the numbers piqued his interest?

I know the hardcore boxing fans will not want to see this fight and say easy fight for Money but I truly believe the majority of casual fans this fight is very sellable and makes a lot of money. Easy to sell

Back