Friends Arena wants Jones/Gus rematch; new UFC crowd record

If they put a major event on in Sweden like this, they need to either try and sell out a stadium in the middle of the night so the PPV time in North America doesn't change, or they start the show at the normal 6pm-7pm local time in Sweden, and the event airs at some weird time in North America.

We're plus 6 hours to the east coast so if they started the main card at 2AM here it would start at 8PM EST.

Would be a two hour difference for you and for us it'd be like an average night at the pub (usually closes around 3AM).

we need this.

im not a swede, but Gus fans need to give their chi power to gus via 40,000 hot blond swedish women.

i'm going to go do some pushups

No joke, I'd seriously consider flying to Sweden and buying an overpriced ticket to this fight if it was held at that arena for that fight.

Jones wouldn't accept it.

Oh please, if it were up to jones , Gus would never be locked in a cage with him again.

This would be an epic epic epic event. I would spend major bucks going there. I'll buy a Gus t shirt too.

They did it repeatedly with GSP, but that wasn't an issue because there's only a few hour time difference from Vegas or LA, etc. When he re-won his title over Serra 5 of his last 10 fights were in Canada counting the Serra fight.

GSP had a lot to do with making MMA in Canada huge, but there was no risk involved to the UFC due to timeshift.

If they put a major event on in Sweden like this, they need to either try and sell out a stadium in the middle of the night so the PPV time in North America doesn't change, or they start the show at the normal 6pm-7pm local time in Sweden, and the event airs at some weird time in North America.

Obviously more risk involved in that situation, but they were able to get some pretty huge gate numbers by having GSP fighting in home soil. Not only were events selling out, but tickets weren't cheap.

Dude , I was there for Gsp vs kos 2 and holy shit ppl were buying scalpers out the door , and this guy was selling out left right centre of Gsp headbands everyone was going crazy asking where the headband guy was!!

Same now for Gus. Probably Swedish scarves go off the hooks and his t shirt will be like gold and any clothing item in the area blue or yellow will be sold out!!

Forget bout what jones wants no one wand to see him in the us anyways.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN DANA

Why is that?

Because the fight would be quality, I've always want to go to Sweden, and I got a raise recently. Plus I'm in the fight business so I'll find a way to write off some of the expenses for sure. Not having kids also frees up a lot of capital and time, you know :icon_lol:

Think Toronto in September is going to be the likely home for the fight.

If Gus takes the belt he will get to host a title shot.

Because the fight would be quality, I've always want to go to Sweden, and I got a raise recently. Plus I'm in the fight business so I'll find a way to write off some of the expenses for sure. Not having kids also frees up a lot of capital and time, you know :icon_lol:

Then go for it! Would be amazing to be there live!

Back