Friends Arena wants Jones/Gus rematch; new UFC crowd record

But how much would the PPVs drop? That is the question, some of the drop would be equalised by all the more PPVs that would sell in Europe, and the 10+ million dollar gate profit.

Hmm, I doubt they will put the event in Europe. The PPV money would probably be rather significant if they held it in Europe.

Anyway, I don't think they could sell 65 000 tickets if the prices is anything close to what I paid for the cards in Sweden. Maybe if you could get decent tickets for 500-600 and cheaper ones for around 350 it might work. Anyway, there would have to be shitloads of finns, norwegians, germans, danes to come in order to fill out the arena if they really want to hit 55 000+ and I wonder if there are enough hotel rooms.

Edit: anyway who would not pay big money to se Jones live? It could be the biggest gate ever.

Last edited:
Hmm, I doubt they will put the event in Europe. The PPV money would probably be rather significant if they held it in Europe.

Anyway, I don't think they could sell 65 000 tickets if the prices is anything close to what I paid for the cards in Sweden. Maybe if you could get decent tickets for 500-600 and cheaper ones for around 350 it might work. Anyway, there would have to be shitloads of finns, norwegians, germans, danes to come in order to fill out the arena if they really want to hit 55 000+ and I wonder if there are enough hotel rooms.

Edit: anyway who would not pay big money to se Jones live? It could be the biggest gate ever.

What are you talking about? Enough hotel rooms? WTF. That arena sold out with Bruce Springsteen 3 nights in a row.

*bump*

Still a small chance it can happen.

I'd definitely be there. Just the mere thought of it makes my toes tingle.

I'd definitely be there. Just the mere thought of it makes my toes tingle.

Would be so badass. Felt like the Globe Arena was gonna explode so can't even imagine what Friends would be like. Pure epicness!

MMAnytt is speculating Dana might be talking about Tele2 Arena though which would be more in line with the 40000 number. It's run by Globe Arenas just next door too so the UFC already has a established relationship with them. Either would be c-r-a-z-y so same difference imo.

Stockholmsarenan_DAG_03.jpg

slidertele2panoramaoutside.jpg

Tele2-Arena-by-White-Arkitekter01.jpg

gdrs6rqwqsbs9rehyyhb.jpg

Tele2Arena_5.jpg

It would be great for the UFC and MMA in general to have this rematch in Europe. Sell it as a clash of the continents or something like that. It could be the push the UFC needs in Europe.

great for everybody except for jones

hes the champ, he shouldnt be forced to fight in a stadium where everybody is against him

has to be a neutral site

That would be EPIC. It would sell out fast as lightning but the big question is which generates more money for Zuffa, huge gate number in Sweden vs huge PPV number in America.

Why not? Jones aint even a PPV draw anyways

They could salvage the ppvs by putting it on at night (say around 2), then the ppv would start a couple of hours earlier than usual in the states. Plus they're on national channels now in both the US and Sweden so things has changed a bit.

great for everybody except for jones

hes the champ, he shouldnt be forced to fight in a stadium where everybody is against him

has to be a neutral site

And where would that be exactly? Some deserted island in the pacific ocean? Cause I'm pretty sure he's hated in most of the civilized world. We would at least be polite and applaud him after the fight win or lose.

That would be EPIC. It would sell out fast as lightning but the big question is which generates more money for Zuffa, huge gate number in Sweden vs huge PPV number in America.

Or they could put it on at night when the pubs starts closing. Nothing happening in October anyways and the setting would add to the occasion imo. You have a few pints and then walk out into the pitch black arctic night to a lit arena...

Fugg I want this so bad.

Or they could put it on at night when the pubs starts closing. Nothing happening in October anyways and the setting would add to the occasion imo. You have a few pints and then walk out into the pitch black arctic night to a lit arena...

Fugg I want this so bad.

There's no doubt in my mind that it would sell out quick even though being held in the middle of the night but I'm not so sure Zuffa brass belives in that idea.

It's not going to happen. For optimal PPV buys they'll hold it in North America.

And where would that be exactly? Some deserted island in the pacific ocean? Cause I'm pretty sure he's hated in most of the civilized world. We would at least be polite and applaud him after the fight win or lose.

vegas is neutral

There's no doubt in my mind that it would sell out quick even though being held in the middle of the night but I'm not so sure Zuffa brass belives in that idea.

Zuffa/Dana is taking about it so they're obviously considering the idea? Unless Dana just randomly knows the seating capacities of swedish arenas ofc.

Zuffa/Dana is taking about it so they're obviously considering the idea? Unless Dana just randomly knows the seating capacities of swedish arenas ofc.

I hope they'll do it. I don't think they will regret that decision as it's a great investment in a huge fan base in Scandinavia.

UFC needs another event in a stadium... UFC 129 was epic

I think it's a great idea, but I question if Dana would go for it. I think he'd be concerned if they could sell it out, as well as what it would mean for north american PPV buys. Both events held in Sweden in the past were televised, and not PPV.

From the perspective of growing the sport, these are the type of fights they need to hold internationally. They need the country's biggest stars fighting on their own soil.

Back