Friends Arena wants Jones/Gus rematch; new UFC crowd record

I'm not convinced the UFC could sell out FRIENDS arena, atleast not in Sweden.

I'm not convinced the UFC could sell out FRIENDS arena, atleast not in Sweden.

I think Europeans all over would flock for an event like that. I wasn't very interested in the UK cards. But this would be epic. But as other people already noted, the PPV will make it close to impossible unfortunately

This is actually a ridiculous opportunity for UFC. They should totally capitalize on it. Go Brazil on this shit. For some reason Brazilians always get favorable match ups in Brazil but Europeans don't in Europe.

It's a big turn off when you get into a new sport (don't know any of the fighters) and therefore you automatically root for your countrymen and watch them all get fucking slaughtered.

I imagine it would be especially frustrating being a British or Japanese fan because they usually get really shitty match ups in their home.

Bring all the big Europeans in for this event and give at least a few of them favorable match ups. It will be fucking huge for MMA.

Last edited:
In a heartbeat. I know many people didn't get tickets to the Ericsson Globe because it sold out so damn fast. And with Gus headlining his re-bid for the LHW championship it'd be sold out in days. Too bad Madadi is in jail though or he could've been a good draw on the main card as well.

That would've been SICK. There is still Akira though but I don't think they like him as much as Madadi.

That would've been SICK. There is still Akira though but I don't think they like him as much as Madadi.

Madadi was almost on the same level as Gustafsson in terms on popularity. Akira is pretty unknown i think.

would be sick and chances are that i would buy a ticket for that event

Madadi was almost on the same level as Gustafsson in terms on popularity. Akira is pretty unknown i think.

True, the crowd was going insane for Madadi. But Akira got a lot of attention in his most recent fight and people there seemed to have warmed up to him and they were cheering like crazy as well. He wont be Madadi but he will still be a very good draw and he isn't even a big sacrifice because he would still only be in the prelims on a regular card.

Wont ever happen

Unfortunaley for Gusafsson it's obvious that Jones will be headlining the Super Bowl card from New Jersey next year. They're going to be surrounded by all of the SB activities and will want to make a big splash. Sorry but they won't be holding this event in Sweden and instead of having a fight with a lot less on the line headlining one of their biggest cards of all time.

Go for it then I just don't think there should be an immediate rematch but can't argue with it since it was such a great close fight.

Yes and no.

UFC has done great in Sweden, believe they set the Fight Night gate record with like 2.5 mill. Think about this, that FN in Sweden did a higher gate than Jones/Gus did in Toronto.

Bring Gus/Jones to Sweden after their epic fight and teh fact Sweden only gets one event a year they would def do a huge gate and sell alot of tickets.

The only downside would be the timing and PPV in the US.

Thats the only reason Europe doesnt get big cards and huge fights. If the time was better they would easily get huge fights because the UFC can sell tickets and do big gates in Europe with average cards, you bring big cards with huge fights they would do better gates than they do in the US, minus the few huge Vegas cards.

Unfortunaley for Gusafsson it's obvious that Jones will be headlining the Super Bowl card from New Jersey next year. They're going to be surrounded by all of the SB activities and will want to make a big splash. Sorry but they won't be holding this event in Sweden and instead of having a fight with a lot less on the line headlining one of their biggest cards of all time.

Its possible they go with Glover/Jones in Feb, let Jones beat Glover in a big SB card since its in NY/NJ and then if he wins you do the Gus rematch in Sweden sometime in May/June.

It could work out if they push back a Sweden event till early summer. Still doesnt solve the problem about the 6 hour time difference. UFC isnt gonna give up a big PPV fight and I dont see Sweden selling 60k tickets for a card that starts at 4am.

Back