Friends Arena wants Jones/Gus rematch; new UFC crowd record

It wouldn't be tape-delayed. It would just be live in the afternoon just like the past Sweden shows.

The UFC has done this before, like with the Abu Dhabi PPV

The Prince of Abu Dhabi is the big shareholder of ZUFFA.
Swedish Royal Family is not.

But I think the UFC have to look at the bigger picture, they have the chance to make a big push to expand their market in Europe with this match. They cant just look at PPVs for this.

And a 65000 crowd gets you a lot of money also. Plus that you would have it at a resonable time for europeans to watch it.

This.

It's the perfect time for UFC to decide if this sport will grow enough to compete with Soccer in the whole world, as Dana wants to believe.

Vegas event with very expensive ticket price could get same gate.

I highly doubt it, Sweden is also 40% more expensive than the US. We can afford to buy things at a much higher price.

UFC 162 in Las Vegas drew 5 million dollars 10500 attendance
UFC on Fuel TV 9 in Stockholm with a shit card drew 2,7 million dollars at 14500 attendance.

I love how people here talk like Europe is a country.

Sweden is not even in Eurozone (are they in schengen treaty?)

"every country likes soccer, therefore they'll all like mma if UFC gets into luxemburg"

Jones-Gus 2 would sell huge in Sweden I am sure.

Big question mark is the time of the event. Even if you started the PPV at 11 in Sweden, that would still be only 5pm on the East coast. Tape delay isnt an option at this point.

Maybe they could do a PPV that starts at 6pm EST (12 in Sweden), so the main event would start at 8pm EST (same time as UFC on Fox 1) and it would be 2am in Sweden.

Tough compromise though could limit gate and PPV sales. Only way its possible is if they would still sell the stadium for a high gate, and promote the shit out of the event to make sure ppl remember the early PPV time.

The PPV would probably have to be the last week of March, before NHL and NBA playoffs and MLB regular season starts.

Won't go down in Sweden UFC wants that North American ppv $.

I like it.

Time difference problems? Put it on Fox/FS1 in the daytime like they do in football. Do it on Sunday one week after the Superbowl.

PPV numbers would take a hit in Sweden so I can't see the UFC having the rematch anyway but the Western Hemisphere.

Won't go down in Sweden UFC wants that North American ppv $.

But it is bigger than one single event. It is about expanding your market and making the push into Europe. Lose some win more.

Will never happen. They miss the PPV buys. The fight would be aired, like, in the morning.

Will never happen. They miss the PPV buys. The fight would be aired, like, in the morning.
It would start 5 hours earlier than usual in the US if they start the main card at 11 in Sweden.

Yes, they would fill the arena, that I am sure of. Are you even from Sweden?

No, they wouldn't. Yes, I live very close to the arena. The thing is, MMA is not that big in Sweden. I know MMA gyms around here where there's basically 3-4 guys training. And there's a lot of them.

Honestly, it would be a great idea for the UFC. Not only is it a large venue to use, but it also gives them a huge boost in Euro-interest overall.

Don't know if Jones would EVER agree to it though. Pretty sure he'd see it as disrespect.

Back