Friends Arena wants Jones/Gus rematch; new UFC crowd record

Ughugh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Many are hoping for a rematch between Alexander Gustafsson and Jon Jones after the Swede's loss.
Now, Friends Arena take dream meeting to Sweden - and set a new attendance record.
- It has the ability to be a truly unforgettable event, says commercial director Martin Englund.
Alexander Gustafsson is back on Swedish soil after feat the game against Jon Jones. World champion was awarded the win after five grueling rounds. But even now, many hope a rematch between "The Mauler" and world champion. So even Gustafsson himself.
- I want to be, when it will be I do not know. Nothing is clear, but I got the response. Is it by and I'll take the belt, he says just after he landed at Arlanda.
"Had been absolutely magical"
Now, Friends Arena take arrangement to Sweden - and set a new attendance record for a UFC match.
- We have made some soundings and quite obviously, it would be an amazing thing to see such a match at the Friends Arena. This has the possibility of becoming a fully of

Last edited:
It would be great for the UFC and MMA in general to have this rematch in Europe. Sell it as a clash of the continents or something like that. It could be the push the UFC needs in Europe.

I'd be down for that. It would be amazing for them to sell out the entire arena though. To do this, they need to stack this card from top to bottom. Maybe add another title fight in just like UFC 129?

"We have made some soundings and quite obviously"

soundings = probings

I was in the Skydome for ufc 129 the biggest event so far, but damn that arena looks huge. Will Sweden be able to fill this for a fight?

makes sense to have rematch in Sweden,and it would be even better for UFC and MMA in Europe if they're able to sell out that arena

I was in the Skydome for ufc 129 the biggest event so far, but damn that arena looks huge. Will Sweden be able to fill this for a fight?
For this rematch? Yes, we will. First time UFC was here we sold 16500 tickets in 40 minutes.

We would sell it in 1-2 days maybe if they have resonable pricing.

For this rematch? Yes, we will. First time UFC was here we sold 16500 tickets in 40 minutes.

We would sell it in 1-2 days maybe if they have resonable pricing.

Shit, I'm down, big crowds really add to a fight, the energy is off the hook

Even if they didn't sell it out I could see them easily putting 30-40k in there

Never happen.
Attendance record means nothing.
UFC's main income source is PPV and tape-delayed show in U.S. is difficult to sell.

I don't really want the Swedish commission to be in charge of the rematch event.

How Mousasi/Gus was handled still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Msg nyc!!

That would be a dream come true. I'd camp out for a ticket. Sadly idiots and agendas run things here.

Never happen.
UFC's main income source is PPV and tape-delayed show in U.S. is difficult to sell.

But I think the UFC have to look at the bigger picture, they have the chance to make a big push to expand their market in Europe with this match. They cant just look at PPVs for this.

And a 65000 crowd gets you a lot of money also. Plus that you would have it at a resonable time for europeans to watch it.

It would be amazing, but the time difference makes a PPV set in Sweden almost impossible to sell. Don't know how they could figure that out to make it viable.

Never happen.

It wouldn't be tape-delayed. It would just be live in the afternoon just like the past Sweden shows.

The UFC has done this before, like with the Abu Dhabi PPV

But I think the UFC have to look at the bigger picture, they have the chance to make a big push to expand their market in Europe with this match. They cant just look at PPVs for this.

And a 65000 crowd gets you a lot of money also. Plus that you would have it at a resonable time for europeans to watch it.

Vegas event with very expensive ticket price could get same gate.

In a heartbeat. I know many people didn't get tickets to the Ericsson Globe because it sold out so damn fast. And with Gus headlining his re-bid for the LHW championship it'd be sold out in days. Too bad Madadi is in jail though or he could've been a good draw on the main card as well.

Back