Friday Fun Facts with Woldog! V2: Now with 5% real Fact Checking

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Welcome back to EVERYONE's favorite thread. The Fun Facts thread, this year you'll laugh, you'll cry and hopefully you'll expand your general knowledge so you can whip your grandmothers ass at Trivial Pursuits. This year we have double the facts! Double the fact checking! Double the fun and Double the people being confused about Friday facts on America's Thursday.

Kicking us off with a fun fact guaranteed to tickle your nipple

Fun Fact #1
Research shows that all blue-eyed people may be related.
At least, they may share the same distant ancestor. After studying the DNA of blue-eyed individuals from Scandinavia, Turkey, Jordan, and India, Danish researchers found that they all had identical gene sequences for eye color. They believe this trait comes from a single individual, called the "founder," whose genes mutated between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago. Before that, everyone had varying shades of brown eyes.

Which means similar to most residents of Arkansas my girlfriend and I are in fact very distant cousins. Fantastic
yaaay-michael-che.gif

Bluest of blue marbled baby-doll eyes over here.

What's up brothers, sisters, and cousins?!

Welcome back to EVERYONE's favorite thread. The Fun Facts thread, this year you'll laugh, you'll cry and hopefully you'll expand your general knowledge so you can whip your grandmothers ass at Trivial Pursuits. This year we have double the facts! Double the fact checking! Double the fun and Double the people being confused about Friday facts on America's Thursday.

Fun Fact #1
At least, they may share the same distant ancestor. After studying the DNA of blue-eyed individuals from Scandinavia, Turkey, Jordan, and India, Danish researchers found that they all had identical gene sequences for eye color. They believe this trait comes from a single individual, called the "founder," whose genes mutated between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago. Before that, everyone had varying shades of brown eyes.

Which means similar to most residents of Arkansas my girlfriend and I are in fact very distant cousins. Fantastic
yaaay-michael-che.gif
V2!?

This is like a rerun of that 80's sitcom you never knew you missed.

Regards your fun fact, I actually read something about this. Blue eyes come from these guys

603x339_story-6e1e0e5e-5ae3-5a5e-b987-ced4efb13778_788983.jpg

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/cheddar-man-mesolithic-britain-blue-eyed-boy.html

'Blue eyed boy'

Fun Fact #1

yaaay-michael-che.gif
Glad to know we're related. That's my fun fact to you.

Fun Fact #1

yaaay-michael-che.gif
"Blue" means "homo" in Russian.
So you and your "girlfriend" are both homos and distant cousins, eh?

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

What's grey eyes mean? Maybe half related?

Back