Fresh Prince is getting a reboot

Doesn't look that bad actually. It's not a carbon copy remake.

I would really like to see it portrayed by a white family (preferably WASPs) in Bel-Air. Really mix things up

Hopefully they cast a drug addled criminal to lead... We need more heros...

I would really like to see it portrayed by a white family (preferably WASPs) in Bel-Air. Really mix things up

Hell no, white family has to be in the projects somewhere, surrounded by hoodlums and gangsters. The Will Smith character has to run away from Bel Air when someone bullies him online and move in with his relations in the hood. His ghetto uncle teaches him to stand up for himself. The Carlton character is a Flavor Flav-style rapper played by whichever of the Wayans bros is still young enough (wearing whiteface).

Why can't they just do something fresh, all these reboots are a joke. Won't be long before they reboot Marvel's Avengers.

I presume they are going to rename it ......... The re-heated prince of Bel Air.

<BirdieOwn>

Wonder how diverse this will be.

tenor.gif

I opened this thread expecting to bitch, but this actually looks good.

They're going the Riverdale route; reimagining a comedic story as a dark series.

I opened this thread expecting to bitch, but this actually looks good.

They're going the Riverdale route; reimagining a comedic story as a dark series.

The appeal of Riverdale is that you have a diverse group of smoke shows fronting the series. There’s a little something for everyone... redheads, blondes, latinas...

What are you gonna do with Fresh Prince? It’s an all black cast.

Will and Carlton were like 90% of its appeal.

Another issue: How to make a drama out of a show where the family is so rich. The house they live in is at least a 10 figure house. The family is rich as F

If I was them I’d send him to a private boarding school the first time he got in trouble, which kneecaps the whole premise of the show

I was maybe 12 years old at the time you get home from school and you turn on the TV to watch Fresh Prince. Good times. Trailers looks good but in these times they will probably do something "controversial".

Hey guys imagine fresh will had no charisma and the show wasn't over the top silly but instead over the top dark......wouldn't that be even more amazing!?!?!?!?!?!
<DCWhoa>

Honestly when I heard about the remake I didn't think it was necessary they original show is still great. I still put on episodes. With that said now that I know it's a retelling like this it makes more sense. Doubt I'll watch it but if it gets good reviews I might check it out. The acting seemed weak from the trailers though.

Back