Freebie Alert Thread

Well I’m not too concerned about the politics of it all. Greasy business practices etc. don’t really concern me, as long as the apps don’t fuck with my system.

I see you updating this thread with Epic’s offerings quite often, so I assume you use it and that it’s safe enough?
Yes. I use it for free stuff. That's it. They aren't getting my money. Even if a game's cheaper on Epic I will buy from Steam or GoG as my top preferences, or another service first. Post #2 & #3 of my Game Services thread are highly useful for this:
Game Services & Game Sales thread **Stadia Pro & 9 Games free for 2 months due to Coronavirus**

I don't think the Epic launcher is infected with spyware, but I could be wrong. It's probably wisest to assume it is. Still, it wouldn't be for hackers attempting to steal your identity to pilfer your accounts (most likely). The Chinese government wants to mine your data, and better understand the American population's potential weaknesses through surveillance. They'll distribute it to companies with the strongest ties to the CCP and who earn them the most tax revenue who will exploit it with even less of a conscience than data mining companies like Google and Facebook exercise selling what you legally share with them.

The Chinese government wants to mine your data, and better understand the American population’s potential weaknesses through surveillance.

Well I’ve got bad news for them then: I’m Canadian.

Dudley_Do-Right.jpg

Because the ownership is Chinese. Specifically, Tencent, the largest gaming company in the world, and a massive bane on the world of gaming. Huge in mobile. They're like the Gameloft of China, but simultaneously the EA of China.

So far they've been a light side force through Epic, but only because they're attempting to purchase their way into relevance against Steam's monopoly. Everybody sees through it. The moment they gain control of the market, or at least enough to satisfy them, they'll show their true face, and it's more rotten than anything we've ever seen.

Too often we take Gabe Newell and Valve (i.e. Steam) for granted over here.

Didn't the Epic Launcher get caught looking at your Stream friends list?

I dont know if Tencent owns EA, I thought they only bought 40%? I know they bought 93% of Riot.

Not that still isnt suspect, but I didnt hear they owned over the 40%

Yes. I use it for free stuff. That's it. They aren't getting my money. Even if a game's cheaper on Epic I will buy from Steam or GoG as my top preferences, or another service first. Post #2 & #3 of my Game Services thread are highly useful for this:
Game Services & Game Sales thread **Stadia Pro & 9 Games free for 2 months due to Coronavirus**

I don't think the Epic launcher is infected with spyware, but I could be wrong. It's probably wisest to assume it is. Still, it wouldn't be for hackers attempting to steal your identity to pilfer your accounts (most likely). The Chinese government wants to mine your data, and better understand the American population's potential weaknesses through surveillance. They'll distribute it to companies with the strongest ties to the CCP and who earn them the most tax revenue who will exploit it with even less of a conscience than data mining companies like Google and Facebook exercise selling what you legally share with them.

giphy.gif

Intriguingly, for the first time, next week's game isn't declared. They're just calling it "Epic Mystery Game" atm.

I don't know the reason, but everybody is saying the next free game will be Rocket League

Seems like a good opportunity for hackers and the previously banned.

Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords DLC (Free on Steam)

horse-lords-free-crusader-kings-2-dlc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back