Free Fight: Rafael Dos Anjos vs Anthony Pettis

Given my body size it'd be the 145-155 divisions I'd be fighting in and I can tell you right now that Jose Aldo and RDA are the two very last guys I'd want to be locked in a cage with. Say what you like about the Irish fella but he's got some stones.

I think RDA's fight against Nate Diaz is a better indication of the game plan he'll try to implement against McGregor than the Pettis fight.

Yeah, and it's a fucking joke that fight pass doesn't have that fight up yet.

Pettis has no power in his hands. He was able to hit and counter RDA many times but he it is more pillow than Edgar.

he has power in his kicks though and RDA ate a few of those without blinking too. i think it has more to do with RDA being tough more than it has to do with a professional knockout artist having pillow fists.

Clay Guida is legit, or was atleast.

will be hard for mcg to deal with that constant pressure

If RDA starts landing those body kicks on Conor it will be nasty. Conor gonna piss blood for months.

Jesus those kicks are hard. How Pettis took them is amazing. Just goes to show how durable is Pettis.

Do people actually think Conor can't throw a quality right hook, uppercut, etc?

It's funny because Conors straight left is going to be so hard to land considering its the only thing RDS has to train for and hes a southpaw as well.. but Mac fans oh boy they know their stuff when it comes to analyzing striking let me tell you! :rolleyes:
Sequence 01_2.gif

RDA is relentless man, cannot wait for mcgregor fight!

Beautiful performance. One of the best ever in title fights.

RDA gets sloppy with his punches in the pocket. Pettis catches him with some good punches through out the fight. Conor is a much better boxer then Pettis. He will put on a boxing clinic on RDA.

Thanks for posting the fight and no thanks for following it up with biased bullshit that won't matter on fight night because RDA is stopping Conor with strikes on the ground in the 3rd.

Raffa Bless!

Pettis has no power in his hands. He was able to hit and counter RDA many times but he it is more pillow than Edgar.

Dude you're 17, you don't know anything.

just watched it again after about a year. I'm more convinced now than ever that Conor beats RDA. There is no way RDA gets away with that kind of carefree pressure against Conor's striking. RDA will have to have developed some serious punching power improvement over the last year . . . and, he hasn't. I think Conor will overpower him both in TDD and striking. Conor will probably end up at Welter and either KO his opponents or get wrestlefricked back down to LW.

Back