Media Free fight: Loma vs. Linares

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

I remember people being heavily critical of this performance at the time, but watching it after the fact with the knowledge that he had a torn labrum makes it super impressive.

I remember people being heavily critical of this performance at the time, but watching it after the fact with the knowledge that he had a torn labrum makes it super impressive.

Just rewatched it. Explains why Loma kept the fight at midrange and never fully extended his lead hand -- allowing Linares to set up shop within punching range. The one thing that stood out tactically was that Linares was open for the left hook off Loma's straight left to the body ... Linares would drop his right hand everytime Loma targeted his midsection but Loma never threw it. Maybe that shot isn't' in his arsenal as of yet. Overall: beautiful close quarters footwork and punching by Loma.

We're fucking spoiled by Pacquiao, because if it wasn't for Manny, what Loma does in the ring would be without peer. Brilliant.

I absolutely fucking love watching Loma fight. It brought back my old love for boxing.

Yeah a lot of people are overly critical of what a one-armed boxer managed to accomplish. His nay sayers will just point out how fragile Linares was and who he'd lost to before but all the while ignoring the severe injury Loma suffered. Most fighters would have quit, and no one would have blamed them for doing so.

I watched it again. I thought it was a good performance and a pretty good fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back