Free Combat Sports Timer iPhone App

@ Arkitekt Thanks man! We are from Brazil, I train at Chute Boxe in curitiba...so use it for my own trainings! Gladly accepting comments, suggestions!!

Great idea! It beats having to pay for a timer if you're only trying to do bag work at home. But I have found one flaw: the amateur boxing timer has a 1 minute round, 45 second interval. These should be 2 minutes, and 1 minute respectively. I haven't found anything else yet, though. Good job!

Thanks a lot Kyle! We're working on an update soon! Thanks again for this! we'll keep track of everything reported and we'll work on it for sure!
Best Regards
CST Team

I've had some time to play around with it and overall I like it very much. Although, it could still use work in some areas before I would use it as my primary timer.

First off, I really like how you have predefined timers for every Martial Art/Combat Sport. This makes it very unique which is great considering how generic interval timers are very common in the app store.

I also highly enjoy the collection of sound queues like the air horn, ring bells and whistle blows.

My main gripe is in the 'Custom Time' section. I would like to see more customized time settings under the "Round Length" and "Interval Time". For example, sometimes I do some shadowboxing where i'd drill for a couple of minutes and then break for 15-30 secs. Under the current version times can only be set up in whole minutes, not minutes + seconds.

I had some time to dabble with this app and it does what it says it does. However, here are some of things I wish it had/did:

-Option to have the 10 second countdown audible
-Option to have the timer ascending or descending
-Option to invert the color of the timer
-If you held it horizontally, it would show the minute, second, and millisecond (00:00:00)

And this is just a pet peeve, but the extra lighted pixel in the zeros make it look like an 8 slightly. Maybe a font change option could be considered for future updates?

Otherwise, simple to use timer that everyone with an iPhone should have :)

Awesome! My Gym Boss broke so I've been using my gf's kitchen timer magnet. The only thing I'd suggest is a 30 second interval between rounds. Other than that, sick app and who can complain when it's free??

Thanks guys! We're taking note on everything reported by you to improve the app!
If you wish, follow us on twitter @CombatST, we post some news about Combat Sports in general as well as news on the App! One thing that I've tried is to put it running on an iPad with loudspeakers at the gym! Some music playing on the background, works sweet for sparring sessions...
We do have one question...any more/different styles you'd like to be included? Or just improving the Custom options will do the trick? iTunes reviews are also appreciated! =)
Thanks once again for your great feedback!
Best regards
CST

I would like to have a preview of the sounds when I am choosing one

Already taken care of risingD! It's comming on the next update, which was already submitted to Apple! Thanks!

Great ideas all around, I would love to see everyone's suggestions implemented in the near future.

I don't think additional styles need to be added. If you can make the custom timer truly custom down to seconds and not just minutes, the user can simply adjust it to suit their needs no matter what style or training they would use it for.

Another suggestion, in the custom timer would you please add an option to allow an infinite number of rounds or some way to loop the intervals? It would be great to have this running at my gym throughout training without the need to touch it.

Sounds like usefull app. I'll download updated one.

After more use, another recommendation (I see you already cleared up the sound-preview). The sound volume seams weak. I had it playing over a small stereo, and my iPod music volume was much louder than CST. Normally I would turn down the music, but that adjusts the overall volume.

But considering it's free, the pros out-weigh the cons. Thanks!

Back