Freddie Gray allegedly participated in

Interesting defense strategy. Like Jonnie Cochran's "If it don't fit, you must acquit" I can hear it now: "If he broke his own shit, you must acquit!"

The difference is when OJ walked justice was served and all was good in the world. If these cops walk, Baltimore is going up for grabs again. Interesting how being a celebrity rather than a civil servant distorts the publics view.

why stop there?

Nice.

"When BPD investigators attempted to follow-up on this evidence of a pertinent character trait of Mr. Gray, they were told by Assistant State's Attorney Janice Bledsoe 'not do the defense attorneys' jobs for them' and to cease any further investigation into the matter," the filing read.

"The statement to investigators 'not do the defense attorneys' jobs for them' would seem to indicate some level of knowledge that exculpatory evidence exists which could benefit the officers charged in Mr. Gray's death and that the prosecutor did not want this information uncovered by investigators."

Quoted so more people see this. Lol.

When he was taken into custody the police became responsible for his well being.

It ends there.

I bet Freddie thought "fuck it, go big or go home..."
Only he never went home. +1 for police here tho

Not that I ever had sympathy for Freddie Gray, but am I expected to take the Baltimore PD at its word? They didn't release any evidence to substantiate that central claim.

I mean, if you're going around your superiors' backs, which is clearly what the BPD decided it was going to do here, rather than fall on their sword for an allegedly corrupt political agenda (can't say I blame them), okay, fine, but bring me that evidence you were told not to go get.

When did it become acceptable to skip this step in a press announcement?

Not that I ever had sympathy for Freddie Gray, but am I expected to take the Baltimore PD at its word? They didn't release any evidence to substantiate that central claim.

I mean, if you're going around your superiors' backs, which is clearly what the BPD decided it was going to do here, rather than fall on their sword for an allegedly corrupt political agenda (can't say I blame them), okay, fine, but bring me that evidence you were told not to go get.

When did it become acceptable to skip this step in a press announcement?

I linked a part about that earlier in the thread.

What ever happened to mosby's accusation that the knife he was carrying was legal and then refusing to release it?

What ever happened to mosby's accusation that the knife he was carrying was legal and then refusing to release it?

Release it to who? The media? The defense attorney? It's not relevant to the proceedings so it doesn't need to be released.

As for the alleged "crash for cash" schemes - they have no evidence. And, it's not the BPD's job to investigate if this happened. It's the defense attorney's job to find his own evidence. Every attorney, civil or criminal, says the same thing - "Don't do the other guy's job for him." That the BPD thinks they should be looking into things on behalf of the defense attorney is absurd. That people think this is indicative of something to hide is actually more absurd.

Release it to who? The media? The defense attorney? It's not relevant to the proceedings so it doesn't need to be released.

As for the alleged "crash for cash" schemes - they have no evidence. And, it's not the BPD's job to investigate if this happened. It's the defense attorney's job to find his own evidence. Every attorney, civil or criminal, says the same thing - "Don't do the other guy's job for him." That the BPD thinks they should be looking into things on behalf of the defense attorney is absurd. That people think this is indicative of something to hide is actually more absurd.

Mosby original accusation was that the police department had no right to arrest Gray and then refuses to release the switch blade or auto knife back to the defense attorneys......the knife was the reason he was arrested.

Now the police investigators say they have evidence that Gray has participated in schemes (that could have given him a preexisting injury that might have lead to his death) the state attorneys want to hide that evidence as well. How does a defense attorney access police computers without the police being involved?

Seems like everyone including yourself just want to hide all the actual evidence and let emotions decide the case.

So the cops murdered him because he was scamming insurance companies?

no, he died in the back of the car, but it could explain how he could have tried to injure himself for a payout.

You didn't link anything that wasn't already in the original article which is precisely the source that establishes the police have no evidence to substantiate their claim.

Mosby original accusation was that the police department had no right to arrest Gray and then refuses to release the switch blade or auto knife back to the defense attorneys......the knife was the reason he was arrested.

Now the police investigators say they have evidence that Gray has participated in schemes (that could have given him a preexisting injury that might have lead to his death) the state attorneys want to hide that evidence as well. How does a defense attorney access police computers without the police being involved?

Seems like everyone including yourself just want to hide all the actual evidence and let emotions decide the case.

But the current trial not about if he should have been arrested, it's about how he died and if the death was the result of misconduct. The knife may speak to why/how he was arrested but it's irrelevant to how he died.

And the attorney accesses police records by filing a subpoena. Just like every other defense attorney has to. And if it exists and is actually relevant to the case, the State's Attorney is obligated to turn it over as part of discovery.

But in this case, the defense attorney is alleging something that he has no proof of and asking the state (which the police are part of) to go investigate it for him. It's not their job unless someone is filing a criminal complaint against Mr. Gray for defrauding them via this scheme. And that's not happening here. So the defense attorney needs to do his own job and the BPD aren't his personal private investigators.

And finally, the BPD had no evidence of any scheme. The defense attorney alleged it and the BPD wanted to look into it. They, the BPD, had no evidence of this scheme prior to the defense attorney's allegation and they still don't. And it's the defense attorney who's saying the refusal to investigate implies some existing evidence. Which is logically fallacious but a sold legal tactic to set up his clients' defense. He's angling for reasonable doubt and attempting to influence the jury pool through the media. I have no problem with that, it's his job. But don't get sucked in...it's just part of the show.

Last edited:
they clearly said they HAVE evidence that Gray participated in these crash schemes but they weren't allowed to continue the investigation. no one ever said there was no evidence, just that the investigators were told to stop investigating the matter.

however the state attorneys have no problem with the DOJ's involvement in the same investigation

they clearly said they HAVE evidence that Gray participated in these crash schemes but they weren't allowed to continue the investigation. no one ever said there was no evidence, just that the investigators were told to stop investigating the matter.

however the state attorneys have no problem with the DOJ's involvement in the same investigation

You need to re-read the link.

The defense attorney claimed that the police department had information but he himself had no proof that the information exists or, assuming the information exists, that the police have it.

Also, the claim that the police were forbidden from investigating the alleged evidence also comes from...the defense attorney. Not from the police, not from an unnamed source. The defense attorney.

The defense attorney claims that when the police tried to investigate this matter they were rebuffed. There are 2 obvious flaws with that. First, it's the defense attorney claiming it without any evidence that this rebuffing actually happened. Second, the BPD shouldn't be investigating this alleged crime unless someone has brought it to them to investigate. Which would mean a police report - a public record. Which the defense attorney can get just by asking for it from the police.

That he has nothing to support his claim that: 1) evidence exists; or 2) that there was an investigation; or 3) that the investigation was halted by the DA should tell you that this man is throwing shit at the walls to see what sticks. He's obviously convinced you so, kudos to him, he's doing his job.

Back