Freaking out

If you've ever watched any psychic movies, or read any books, you'd know that precogs are powerless to fight their own visions. You simply march forward into the future. You won't be able to change it, and in trying to do so you may be doing what would've gotten you to that situation in the first place.

Or you could just fucking be a man and not worry about dreams. No one ever tells me "OH MY GOD MAN I HAD THIS DREAM ABOUT A TALKING DUCK I'M TOTALLY AFRAID I'M GOING TO ENCOUNTER A TALKING DUCK!??!!?". How many thousands of dreams do we have that we simply wash off as being inconsequential or silly?

Somebody's been watching too many Aflac commercials.

Also, who would be afraid of that? It sounds awesome, imagine the conversation you would have.

So I am not fearing the end of the world, but I have had a reccuring dream that I would be killed at my job by an armed robber. What makes it worse is that things that happened in my dream the week before are starting to happen. Certian convos, certian events. What sucks is today would be the day.

This morning as I was leaving my daughter grabbed me held tight and said dont leave, just stay here today and she was balling. She doesnt normally do that, so safe to say I am freaking, I am so nervous.

I have written a letter to my family, I have put my affairs in order.

DO you believe in premonitions?

is this from a movie?

because i didnt push spell check? Or scour my post for ghramitcal errors to impress sherdoggers with my great intellect.

I get it you live on sherdog you think its youre home cool. Glad you live such a fullfilled life.

Jeez, after being called out...

Because*
didn't*
grammatical*
Sherdoggers*
it;* (I believe, I always use those incorrectly)
you're*
home,*
fulfilled*

this is not a end of the world thread, it about a shit reccurring dream i have been having

Jeez, after being called out...

Because*
didn't*
grammatical*
Sherdoggers*
it;* (I believe, I always use those incorrectly)
you're*
home,*
fulfilled*

Honestly if you have such a huge issue with my spelling and ghrammar you could not read my post.

I just dont ever care to spell check and dont reread post before posting.

Well, to put your mind at ease, ALL of the profecies have been debunked.

There are NO rogue planets, asteroids, comets, brown dwarf stars or anything like that heading towards us, it was all made up by a jackass with a book to sell.

The are NO massive solar flares heading towards us, there are solar flares, but nothing that will cause us any trouble, it was blown out propotion by a jackass with a book to sell.

The planetary alignment happens EVERY year, it was blown out of proportion by a jackass with a book to sell.

See a pattern emerging?

Honestly if you have such a huge issue with my spelling and ghrammar you could not read my post.

I just dont ever care to spell check and dont reread post before posting.

aren't you supposed to be working already?

man the worlds supposed to end tomorrow? I think if there was any type of fact on this it would be seen as more serious, though I don't like how I've been getting constant wind all day that usually doesn't happen

Well, to put your mind at ease, ALL of the profecies have been debunked.

There are NO rogue planets, asteroids, comets, brown dwarf stars or anything like that heading towards us, it was all made up by a jackass with a book to sell.

The are NO massive solar flares heading towards us, there are solar flares, but nothing that will cause us any trouble, it was blown out propotion by a jackass with a book to sell.

The planetary alignment happens EVERY year, it was blown out of proportion by a jackass with a book to sell.

See a pattern emerging?

this is not a end of the world thread, it about a shit reccurring dream i have been having

read my first post

True and I guess logical if you are completely well adjusted never been through violent situations and the fact this wasnt a one off dream. This has been reccurring for about 20 years.

Reflect on this. If you have had this recurring dream for 20 years, then you know in fine detail exactly what happens and when. If things escalate and are driving toward the expected conclusion, change something. Do something different and change the story line.

Do you believe in free will? If so, then you have a choice to change things. It doesn't have to be the way it is in your dreams. But you need to snap the fuck out of it because the human mind IS a powerful thing and you may just draw what it is you fear most. Self-fulfilling prophecy where you subconsciouly do things that will bring you to what you believe is supposed to happen.

If you don't believe in free will, then why worry since everything is predetermined anyway and you can't change anything. Enjoy the ride.

Google quantum immortality for an idea of how vast free will actually is.

Finally, dreams are generally metaphoric in nature. They are rarely literal. They are a way for the brain to identify a need or a fear that you can't deal with consciouly. You have something that is unresolved, or a need that has been unmet and this dream is your way of dealing with it and reminding you of it. Sounds like you have a deep deep fear of death. We all have an instinctual (and natural) fear of it, but many of us have an irrational fear of it. Read Thich Nhat Hanh (Buddhist philospher) on the topic of death. It will give you another perspective and might make death a little less scary.

I'm not messing with you. If you feel like talking about it more, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to hear you out.

So I am not fearing the end of the world, but I have had a reccuring dream that I would be killed at my job by an armed robber. What makes it worse is that things that happened in my dream the week before are starting to happen. Certian convos, certian events. What sucks is today would be the day.

This morning as I was leaving my daughter grabbed me held tight and said dont leave, just stay here today and she was balling. She doesnt normally do that, so safe to say I am freaking, I am so nervous.

I have written a letter to my family, I have put my affairs in order.

DO you believe in premonitions?

I'll be their shortly... hahaha... hahahahaha.... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What's your book's title?

:icon_chee:D:icon_twis

Mine is entitled "You're all gonna die... unless you buy this book, and let me bang your wife (No Fat Chicks)"

I believe premonitions are pre-calculated thoughts based on past memories or experiences.
Religious people can't have premonitions because they are conditioned to believe in the supernatural or deceased prophets of cults.

Something I've noticed recently is that intuition & premonition have very similar patterns of thoughts.

read my first post

Well, that's the thing, whilst you may not have noticed it happening, dreams are just made of the brain using up information that you have stored. Around this time, EVERYONE is talking about this shit. So, it could be your brain merely trying to get rid of that information.

It's kinda like when you fall asleep with the TV, and the stuff on the TV is in the dream your having.

So, it's nothing to worry about, it's just your brain trying to make use of information it's taken in and is trying to get rid of it.

Back