FRB: Looking like Faber/Pettis best options, no Cerrone

19 points in two weeks is ludicrously hard. Some fighters can do it easy, but other fights struggle. Cerrone's manager said that they would "try" to get down to 155 but probably wouldn't be able to. The UFC probably doesn't want that.

I think this is the same problem Diaz is having right now. I'm not sure how much of a fight Cerrone would put up if he cut all that wait in that short amount of time.

i guess faber works since he did TUF with mcgregor, pettis shouldn't be anywhere in the conversation
WTF is the big deal on Sherdog with Pettis getting the fight? There's been a huge backlash against Pettis getting this fight, yet Faber is fine? At this point beggars can't be choosers and a Pettis/Conor fight regardless of who "deserves" it would be epic. Both are exciting standup fighters who finish people brutally that no one else wants to stand and bang with. If Cerrone and Edgar cant make it this makes the most sense. I'd be fine with Nate also but I'd prefer a few months of hilarious trash talk before they fight.

El Cucuy, Khabib, Alvarez, and Barboza are also ones who make sense, but Tony and Khabib are fighting soon in what should be a #1 conenders match. The UFC is probably scared as hell to have to depend on Khabib who hasn't fought in 2 years and is a sneeze away from the operating table with the real possibility of him grapplefucking Conor for 25 minutes. Besides, him and Tony should be an awesome fight.

Alvarez and Barboza make alot of sense both ranking and style wise, especially Barboza. I think Barboza is a safer fight than Pettis because he's chinny and not as durable and Conor has shown to be accurate.

Pettis is more dangerous, that's why it's getting backlash.

Anyone willing to accept Faber as an opponent is a Conor hugger or someone who really doesn't give a shit.

That's a joke of a fight.

Why? He just got annihilated with ease by RDA. Having him fight for a 155 interim belt would look ridiculous. How could he go around pretending to be the best at 155 after he just got spanked by the champ? At least Conor, Ferguson, and even Nate either haven't lost to Dos Anjos or in the latter's case, lost to him sufficiently long ago that one could argue he's improved a lot and could actually be a legit (interim) 155 champ now.
My response was in reaction to Faber being a possible name. But I'm strongly against this fight being for the interim belt anyway, so to me Cerrone is still a good option. If it's for the belt I agree with you they should give him Ferguson, since apparently Nate won't cut weight for a lightweight fight.

I'm loving this build up. In a few hours it's gonna be "looking like CM Punk/Mike Jackson are the only options right now".

Pettis is a dream fight, Faber will be decimated by a much larger fighter...choice seems clear to me.

Ferguson should be in the conversation too. Hell he should have gotten the shot at RDA over McGregor in the first place, let's be real.

what is happening.

tumblr_inline_n0hhge0KbJ1qbfqhf_zps1f6cd972.gif

Cerrone would get starched
Faber? oh plz god no
Pettis- im ok with this at least we should get a damn good striking battle and we don't have to worry about Conner smothering Pettis

I always wanted to see a Pettis Conor fight.

I know you guys hate Faber, but damn this would be good.

UFC is going to pick Pettis, they don't want Faber with a full gas tank giving Conor a wrestling lesson.

Please god let it be Faber.

Just pull conor from the fucking card already, nate fails a piss test directly after the fight, Ferguson and Khabib are booked, Pettis lost last 2 and Faber shouldn't even be in the conversation unless it's at 145 which it wont

I would prefer that they rescheduled the fight with RDA, is that so crazy ?.

FRB...

lol. You fools still make threads about this nobody?

Exactly. Why are you taking this guy's opinion seriously? That's what it is. An opinion.

Back