Franky Edgar highlight reel of KO losses.

Show some respect. Frankie wasn't even finished until he was 36. By that age, the best LWs of his generation (BJ Penn, Gilbert Melendez, Bendo, Aoki, Eddie Alvarez, etc.) were WAY past their primes. He has amazing longevity for a fighter in the lighter weight classes. Fighters like Overeem, Cerrone, Mir, Ellenberger, etc. were KO'd far more than Frankie.

I guess only this one is really considered a highlight reel ko though. The rest are pretty average looking knockouts, but there's a lot for sure
He was ripped to pieces by Blaydes, and Rozenstruik. Air juggled by Bigfoot too.

No mention of Weidman, with his most recent loss being the worst? Then you also have him getting koed by Romero, Jacare and Reyes that were all brutal
Yeah, Weidman is most spectacular when he's being destroyed haha.

Show some respect. Frankie wasn't even finished until he was 36. By that age, the best LWs of his generation (BJ Penn, Gilbert Melendez, Bendo, Aoki, Eddie Alvarez, etc.) were WAY past their primes. He has amazing longevity for a fighter in the lighter weight classes. Fighters like Overeem, Cerrone, Mir, Ellenberger, etc. were KO'd far more than Frankie.
Edgar has such a beautiful style. Probably the most technical wrestle boxer in history.
He really prioritized footwork and a touch and go style while guys like Woodley were relying on overhand rights and double legs.
Edgars takedowns and top control were so effortless too. It really is no surprise he lasted so long looking at how he fought and didn’t rely on power or speed

Reactions: mkt
He was ripped to pieces by Blaydes, and Rozenstruik. Air juggled by Bigfoot too.
Oh yeah forgot about the rozenstruick one, that was a highlight reel for sure but also a little anticlimactic from what I recall because of how it was stopped

Edgar needs to branch out with his training/coaching, he's had the same weakness/exploit down the center that fighters keep exploiting on him and it's not being worked on or fixed. Should've been fixed the first time it got exploited by Ortega.

All 3 KOs posted is from the same exploit in his style, just different attacks on the exact same exploit.

This.

But also, Frankie's recent losses in the past few years should be reminders to everyone that iron chins rarely last forever. Frankie was known to have insane durability and recovery but just like every other iron chinned fighter (Hendo, Big Nog, Anderson, etc.) it will at some point be cracked and that's just the nature of the sport for fighter's who have long careers. It's always crazy to me when I see "____ can't get knocked out so I'm picking them to win"

Reactions: mkt
Ref was like "not my problem".

Ref ran across the cage to pick up the mouthpiece while the fighter himself was unconscious in the center of the cage getting turned into hamburger meat (without a mouthpiece).

Brennenman got ko'd hilariously by Rumble, Hendricks and Castillo

I4Fntq.gif

DisastrousPlaintiveArawana-size_restricted.gif

Haha, that was another funny one. Travis kept spamming them and Overeem was like "Try again, I won't even try to stop you" until he finally got it right haha.

Oh yeah forgot about the rozenstruick one, that was a highlight reel for sure but also a little anticlimactic from what I recall because of how it was stopped
Don't forget Travis Browne's lazy front kick KO of Overeem. Mr. Miyagi would've scolded Travis' form, but it was enough to put him away.

Certainly not.

That Ortega uppercut is a fucking thing of beauty though.

how about jds,what is it,5 ko/tkos in a row?

Back