Franky Edgar highlight reel of KO losses.

RedMountain

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
tumblr_p51vp22xph1rofocqo1_500.gifv

WellgroomedZanyAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

SourFreeIndianelephant-size_restricted.gif

UFC or all MMA because if all MMA then I think that title belongs to Shannon Ritch.

Even though I know it's bait, I'll still bite.

Frankie Edgar, up until very recently, had a reputation for being among the most durable and resilient fighters of all time. He had close to thirty pro fights before his first loss by finish, and he had been fighting the best in the world since 2006. I guess Dan Henderson must have a glass jaw too because of his KO losses to Vitor and Moose, right?

He should be but no. His Iron chin helped him survive massive shots against Bendo, Maynard, Stephans.
Edgar didn’t get hit much in his fights but when he did it was insane the amount for punishment he could absorb.

Dammit Frankie!
<DCrying>

And every punch is under the chin.

Far from it, off the top of my head I can name guys like Chuck, Overeem, Arlovski, Goulet, and James Thompson who have been flatlined just as many or more times and in some cases in more highlight reel fashion. That being said, if I'd been told years ago, like after the Maynard fights, that someone would even halfway seriously put Edgar in a discussion like this I'd have thought it ridiculous but Father time is undefeated and this is the typical end of the career cycle of a pro fighter. It sucks that it goes this way but the very things that make a great fighter, namely insane self-belief and a refusal to accept defeat are what lead to these ignominious endings.

Last edited:
Those are pretty spectacular highlights. (Lowlights?)
Frank Mir has so many that I'm sure it would make for a brutal collection as well.

No mention of Weidman, with his most recent loss being the worst? Then you also have him getting koed by Romero, Jacare and Reyes that were all brutal

The person whose KO losses stand out the most to me is without a doubt Overeem.
UFC-Overeem-Ngannou-knockout-GIF.jpg
I guess only this one is really considered a highlight reel ko though. The rest are pretty average looking knockouts, but there's a lot for sure

Back