Frankie's wrestling vs. Chads

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Who do you think will be superior in the wrestling/grappling department?

I've got frankie, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Frankie on his back at least once.

Frankie took Faber down five times, and he also took Aldo down twice. Lets see if he can continue to win the wrestling battles.

Last edited:
Who do you think will be superior in the wrestling/grappling department.

I've got frankie, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Frankie on his back at least once.

Frankie took Faber down five times, and he also took Aldo down twice. Lets see if he can continue to win the wrestling battles.

I honestly think Edgar is better in his creative MMA wrestling. He sets his shots up better.

I think Frankie has better striking to wrestling setups while Mendes has better wrestling to striking setups.

I honestly think Edgar is better in his creative MMA wrestling. He sets his shots up better.

I agree, but Chad is a brick shit house and he's never been taken down. Plus chad has an amazing double leg. Overall I think that Edgar's grappling/wrestling is superior, but I'm not sure if Edgars takedowns are better than Chads TDD.

Chad has never been taken down.

Frankie's probably the better MMA wrestler in the way he fluidly combines his striking right into takedowns. Chad's the better pure wrestler though. For the level of competition he's been fighting he's pretty damn good at using that blast double on guys who are still expecting it. Frankie might get a takedown or two but I think Chad's gonna have the edge in takedown ability and TDD. Either way I don't see this fight being decided on the ground.

Frankie was taking down massive lightweights who were really welterweights so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first person to take Chad down

Chad is a better pure wrestler but Frankie mixes his striking in with his shots better.

this is a fight i really want to see, both guys have incredible wrestling, would give small edge in wrestling to chad and overall to frankie

Frankie has never fought anyone with the level of wrestling Chad has.

Chad has the wrestling advantage.

I see their wrestling canceling each other out and this being a striking battle. It'll come down to whether Mendes can KO Frankie or Frankie wins via point fighting and better cardio. My money would be on Frankie winning by decision, but hoping for Mendes because he's the more entertaining fighter.

Frankie has good wrestling and TDD. This will be a striking battle that Frankie takes.

I'm a fan of both these guys and I'm very familiar with their skillsets and who they are. I, have no fuckin idea how this will play out. Frankie I can always count on being in good shape while I've seen Mendes slow down before. I'm just pointing out inconsistencies though, I'd expect Mendes to be in ultimate shape.

I mean when everything is stacked together they're really in the same class but maybe Frankie's heart has to be accounted for here somewhere.

Edgar is much smoother and more technical with his wrestling.

Back