Frankie should should move to 135 or retire

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I do not think he can beat Max, Ortega, Moicano, and Aldo showed that he has his number. He is 37 years old. If he decided to continue to fight at 145, maybe take a few senior circuit fights and close out his career with a nice winning streak.

However, the. question has always been asked if he would ever try to make 135. Frankie is only 5'6 and walks in the low 150s, about the average bantamweight walk around weight. Stylistically he matches up pretty well with top 135ers.

IMO, he should go make a 135 title run and then retire. He made it through his career only getting stopped once, and he is eventually going to hit the age where its not gonna work anymore. 145ers are bigger and larger then ever.

best time to cut to that weight class would have been years ago.

too old and too slow to hang with Killashaw and Cody.

If he had done it sooner, i'd agree. At this stage don't think i'd fancy his chances with TJ. 37 years old, move down to one of the most skilled, and speedy weight classes in mma. Big yikes. Think retirement would be a better course. But end of the day, comes down to how competitive he feels still. He's not losing to questionable fighters yet.

I think the only guy who could give Max problems at 145 right now is Edgar or Mendes

Moicano is good but Holloway is just a level above. Same with Zabit. Flashy and tricky but just not on the same level

whats with ppl talking about retiring?

why dont YOU retire Ts?

man has mouth's to feed

not everyone fights to be champ

oh and yea, even when he was at lw, i thought he should be a 135er

I honestly think he just got caught against Ortega. No one expected Ortega to knock out Edgar, which also is the first time hes ever been finished in his career.

Edgar's wrestling could give Max trouble. We shall see.

Frankie relies a lot on his speed advantage against bigger guys

He wouldn't have that against guys at 135 plus he is not getting younger

IMO he should stay at 145 and wins some fights before call it a day

I do not think he can beat Max, Ortega, Moicano, and Aldo showed that he has his number. He is 37 years old. If he decided to continue to fight at 145, maybe take a few senior circuit fights and close out his career with a nice winning streak.

However, the. question has always been asked if he would ever try to make 135. Frankie is only 5'6 and walks in the low 150s, about the average bantamweight walk around weight. Stylistically he matches up pretty well with top 135ers.

IMO, he should go make a 135 title run and then retire. He made it through his career only getting stopped once, and he is eventually going to hit the age where its not gonna work anymore. 145ers are bigger and larger then ever.
Light weight fighters don't age well TJ is just too fast for him now. He is still a top fighter , just not a title contender anymore. I think he would be a great fight for Conor. Conor needs some winnable fights and this would be a great one, even if a few years too late. Frankie was a 155 champ not so long ago.

Fuck 135,he is still capable of having good fights,worthy fights to watch.

He was beaten by the number 1 contender. Let him have his shot at Max before we talk about moving to a different weight class.

Frankie isn't losing to scrubs, he took a hell of a shot from Ortega but he is still right in the mix as well. His next fight will tell us more.

Frankie should have one or two winnable fights and call it an awesome career. I hope he doesnt go after Moicano or Max.

135 has the p4p best fighter in the world as champ. Frankie would have a much tougher time with TJ than Max.

I wanna see Max vs Frankie.

Frankie isn't losing to scrubs, he took a hell of a shot from Ortega but he is still right in the mix as well. His next fight will tell us more.

Fight vs Korean Zombie...who says no?

The guy has a right to earn a living even if he's not fighting for the title again. These armchair quarterback threads are such crap

Looks about the same size as Cody who is not a big 135er.
fsbyCsh.jpg

Back