Frankie Perez explains his retirement after beating Sam Stout

Having a little fun editing out portions to make this a coming out announcement. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

“I’m always on YouTube looking on the videos and researching guys. I’m going to go home, enjoy my dad, my brother."

Perez said the decision was made easier by the fact he owns a clothing company. Ultimately this is decision is what will bring him the most happiness, he said.

“I have a very supportive family at home and I’m going to travel the world and live my life the way I want to live my life. That’s it. Nothing can stop me from being happy. I’m ready for new things in life."

Very nice way to go IMO.
Wish him nothing but happiness!

I'm glad for him, he got to realize his dream and seems to be headed for a steady future. Most of all he got out while he's still healthy.

Good for him!

...I made it to the pinnacle, I made it to the major leagues of fighting, and I just beat one of the best lightweights in the world,” Perez said. “He’ll probably be a Hall of Famer and one of my favorite fighters of all time. I put the exclamation point and (now I will) mail it out."

lol beating sam stout is getting to the pinnacle of mma? He's not even ranked in the top 15...

Last edited:
I got to meet him yesterday he seems like a really nice guy

Clearly misunderstands what it is to be a warrior and just bleed

UFC = Pinnacle.

Sherdoggers r dum

Yup just getting there is apparently the pinnacle these days. CM Punk confirmed to be at the pinnacle of his mma career. Perez definitely going down as one of the GOAT after beating Sam Stout.

Yup just getting there is apparently the pinnacle these days. CM Punk confirmed to be at the pinnacle of his mma career. Perez definitely going down as one of the GOAT after beating Sam Stout.

You can avoid the reality of his statement all you want. He said he reached the pinnacle, meaning UFC. HE didn't say "I am now the GOAT." You're just a keyboard warrior moron that wants to shit on a guy who accomplished more than you ever will.

Good for him...Bisping can eat shit.

You can avoid the reality of his statement all you want. He said he reached the pinnacle, meaning UFC. HE didn't say "I am now the GOAT." You're just a keyboard warrior moron that wants to shit on a guy who accomplished more than you ever will.

You're the moron that didn't even read the whole quote. He said Sam Stout is one of the greatest lightweights in the world and future hall of famer so he put himself in the same category by proxy. Try again dumbass.

You're the moron that didn't even read the whole quote. He said Sam Stout is one of the greatest lightweights in the world and future hall of famer so he put himself in the same category by proxy. Try again dumbass.

He is one of the greatest lightweights in the world. I don't see your point.

LOL @ Stout being an all time great and HOF candidate...

Way to hype oneself

I get what you're saying, but no one is going to say "I just beat a fighter whose best days are well past him." in the post fight interview.

He is one of the greatest lightweights in the world. I don't see your point.

If you agree with him that Sam Stout is one of the greatest lightweights in the world then you're even dumber than I initially thought. Bye.

If you agree with him that Sam Stout is one of the greatest lightweights in the world then you're even dumber than I initially thought. Bye.

I never said he was top 10 you moron but even if he's top 20 that makes him one of the greatest in the world.

Bye.

Good for him...Bisping can eat shit.

Bisping can talk as much shit as he wants to about Perez because he's a guy who's talked the talk and walked the walk. He's 10x more accomplished than Perez and has made 50x more money in the sport. Guy's 36 and still trying to get on another title run. Call him delusional if you want to but he's earned his right to look down on a guy who had 1 win in the UFC and quits in his mid 20s.

And Cruz of all people shouldn't be saying anything about it. If "knowing when to quit" applies to anyone, it's Cruz.

Bisping can talk as much shit as he wants to about Perez because he's a guy who's talked the talk and walked the walk. He's 10x more accomplished than Perez and has made 50x more money in the sport. Guy's 36 and still trying to get on another title run. Call him delusional if you want to but he's earned his right to look down on a guy who had 1 win in the UFC and quits in his mid 20s.

And Cruz of all people shouldn't be saying anything about it. If "knowing when to quit" applies to anyone, it's Cruz.

Why would Bisping look down on someone who wants to retire? Just because he earned the right doesn't mean it makes it ok. I've defended Bisping from the begining but the guy is a disrespectful idiot, last night proved that to me.

Back