FRANKIE NYC POSTER OF THE YEAR 2020 AWARD - Winner: KazDibiase

Who is your choice for 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year? (CHOOSE TWO)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, trust me that doesn't bother me one bit. @Zebra Cheeks and @bigwaverider are both undeniably worthy of the vote. With all solid posters here you can't take anything personal.

I was surprised @Deadwing88 didn't make it. He contributed quite a lot from what I can remember.
Did I even receive one nomination in the original thread..?

{<jordan}

My skills at copy and pasting MMA news from twitter continue to be underappreciated. :D

Not even sure what it is but I'll have one with you
You...you’ve never had one?
tanbackground-1553877785.jpg

giphy.gif

THE FINALS

This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Happy 2021, Doggers and Doggettes!

2020 was a year unlike any other in recent memory, but we’ve made it through to the New Year. Despite the challenges we faced during the year, there was so much great content, and so many amazing memories made here on Sherdog. I am your humble and lovable host @BFoe, and together we will crown the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year!

None of the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year threads would have been possible without the help of @Zebra Cheeks and @Ares Black—whose assistance in putting this together was invaluable— as well as the fantastic artwork from @Arqueto which captures the spirit and significance that FrankieNYC had for the Sherdog community. They were all instrumental in making this happen.

In this thread, every poster shall have 2 votes. You can change your votes. The poll will remain open for voting until Saturday January 9, 2021 at 3:30 PM EST.

Without further ado, I am honored to present this year’s 10 Finalists.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ard-semifinals”.4154133/page-6#post-163137888

Zebra Cheeks
Arguably the most memorable username/avatar combo on Sherdog, Zebra Cheeks is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. He has managed to strike the right balance between being a responsible moderator and a fun loving MMA fan watching fights with the boys.

KazDibiase
You can’t be considered a Sherdog regular unless you recognize this man. The Dawg Father of MMA gifs, Kaz delivers high quality gifs of every card the very night it ends. He’s additionally a very friendly poster, and contributes to the forum with news articles and other creative thread topics.

Bigwaverider
The 2 time defending champ is back stronger than ever. Bigwaverider aims to create a fun loving, hard working, and team orientated culture amongst shoopers. His laid back personality combined with his meticulous shopping knowledge and instincts makes this man an easy choice for this years award. His passion for the forum is apparent, and he puts countless hours into delivering the highest quality shoop contests he can.

Jackonfire
Jack is like the perfect MMA ref. He does his job precisely and effectively without drawing all the eyes in the room to himself, yet he’ll jump in at the right moments to keep everything on track. Jack has a groovy taste in music, a timely sense of humor, and a fantastic work ethic that allows him to consistently deliver the forums famous PBP threads accurately every single time.

Frank McEdgar
A valued member of the Sherdog community, Frank McEdgar was the runner-up for this award last year. Frank is always contributing somewhere. Whether he’s cooking up a funny shoop, leaving a friendly post on your wall, or hanging out with the boys in the Heavies, Frank consistently delivers on brand humor that’s often hilarious.

Ares Black
If you’re brave enough to utter the words “WMMA Sucks” in the heavies, this man will show up at your door, and whisper into your ear “Fight of the Year is WMMA”. Ares is a witty, humorous and intelligent poster who’s known for his sarcasm, his loyalty to fellow Canadian GSP, and his appreciation for WMMA. His contributions in the PBP’s are unmissable, and he’s without a doubt a top contender for this years award.

IngaVovchanchyn
If you get a notification reading, “IngaVovchanchyn has quoted your post,” then there’s a good chance you’re about to learn something from one of the most insightful posters on Sherdog. Equal parts objective and un-rustleable, Inga has a deep knowledge of the sport and is a major contributor throughout the Heavies and PBPs.

HHJ
A Sherdog OG through and through. If HHJ’s account was a person, it would be old enough to get legally married in the state of Alabama. With his encyclopedic knowledge of MMA and sardonic wit, this Fedor and Khabib Supremacist regularly schools trolls and casuals, and is a quality contributor on any topic in the Heavies.

Arqueto
The top dog of the forum, Arqueto is equal parts friendly and talented. One of the premier shoopers of the website, you’ll find Arqueto often times enjoying his favorite holiday, “Fried Chicken Friday.” This fried chicken loving pup has contributed to the community this year through running shoop contests, and making outstanding community driven shoops that are an incredibly high quality.

Ironnik94
Anyone who has followed Ironnik94’s posts closely has seen 2 things:
1. He has an uncanny ability to break down and analyze fights.
2. When a Genderswap filter is applied to a photo of him, the female version of him is a legitimate Boise Dime.
In the relatively short time that he has been here, Ironnik94 has emerged as one of the most consistent and prolific contributors in the Heavies, and has more than earned his spot here in the Top 10 this year.

Every single one of these Finalists is incredibly deserving. We are fortunate to have hundreds of quality posters, and it’s a nearly impossible task to select just one. Thank you to each and every poster who contributed this year, who nominated a fellow poster, and who voted. Your contributions and your voices all combine to make Sherdog the best MMA community in the world.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF OUR FINALISTS!!

25-251019_new-york-city-new-city-skyline-silhouette-statue.png

Vote for @KazDibiase

and you will be Blessed for all of eternity

View attachment 823418

If Kazdibiase didn’t exist, who’s gifs would I unnecessarily spam in threads?

and what’s why you get my vote sherbro

Used only one vote. @KazDibiase and me! No exceptions

@bigwaverider - the shoop Goat and all around awesome person. This guy gives a ton of his own personal time to brighten the lives of sherdoggers.

D1Hu.gif

And

@KazDibiase - The best source on the internet for viewing key points in every mma. Typically within a few hours of the fight. I can’t even count how many fights I have missed that he’s ended up saving the day for me.
4ded27ef184599f72e876e6048647e3e43d12fffr1-320-240_hq.gif

Good choice, same here.

I went with BWR and Kaz...Zebz was right up there though.

Lots of great folkz.

@KazDibiase and @HHJ are my go to for quality posts. Both guys bring a ton of quality to this forum. If we could teach some of these whitebelts to be like them sherdog would be better for it. They got my votes

@HHJ congrats for reaching the finals!
I'm still voting for @KazDibiase tho, sorry. :p
Still torn as for my #2, I like everyone on the list!

So, basically you came in here to stir some shit up?

What Kaz does is not "effort", it's real substantial useful and interesting stuff, including gifs and news and posts. If he merely TRIED to post these and failed then yes, it would be a sympathy vote for EFFORT, but he actually DOES stuff so it's a vote for ACHIEVEMENT.

Obviously my man. :p@KazDibiase has one of my two votes !!

Thank you for the kind words and be assured that i took it zero percent personal that you didn't vote for me.
The guys you've voted for and many others are absolutely deserving of their votes.
(I voted for Zebra Cheeks and KazDibiase)
I must say though, that i think you deserved more votes, you put a ton of work in and belong including the guys i voted for, Bigwaverider, Jackonfire and Dead Kennedy to the most hard working sherbros.
You're also one of the friendliest and most chill people on this forum by far, so i disagree with you not deserving to be named in the same breath as the other guys, you absolutely deserved to come this far imo.
<RomeroSalute>

KazDibiase posts lots of interviews, does GIFs basically while the fights happen EVERY time there are fights

Looks like Kaz has it in the bag. It's ok Zeebs be proud to get on that podium and accept that bronze medal....

tenor.gif

Wow brothers thank you all! I really appreciate the votes and props (if i didn't quote you then my bad i appreciated.) Plus I'm nominated along with great Sherbros who I like too so that's a win in itself. It's always a blast making gif threads and having fun discussions with you guys especially during this crazy year. May the best man win and big thank you to the mods for their work on the site.

RIP FRANKIENYC!

tenor.gif

Halo 1 brah. I used to be good. Like near pro good. Used to be in CAL which is the amateur league of the Cytherathlete Professional League. Got all kinds of goodies under sponsorship. Free Servers, 4 of em for my clan, video cards, mice, mouse pads etc..
The pistol was OP in Halo 1. LAN parties. Fuck I’m getting old. IMO Halo 2 is the best FPS shooter console wise. But it all went downhill from there.

giphy.gif

THE FINALS

This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Happy 2021, Doggers and Doggettes!

2020 was a year unlike any other in recent memory, but we’ve made it through to the New Year. Despite the challenges we faced during the year, there was so much great content, and so many amazing memories made here on Sherdog. I am your humble and lovable host @BFoe, and together we will crown the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year!

None of the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year threads would have been possible without the help of @Zebra Cheeks and @Ares Black—whose assistance in putting this together was invaluable— as well as the fantastic artwork from @Arqueto which captures the spirit and significance that FrankieNYC had for the Sherdog community. They were all instrumental in making this happen.

In this thread, every poster shall have 2 votes. You can change your votes. The poll will remain open for voting until Saturday January 9, 2021 at 3:30 PM EST.

Without further ado, I am honored to present this year’s 10 Finalists.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ard-semifinals”.4154133/page-6#post-163137888

Zebra Cheeks
Arguably the most memorable username/avatar combo on Sherdog, Zebra Cheeks is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. He has managed to strike the right balance between being a responsible moderator and a fun loving MMA fan watching fights with the boys.

KazDibiase
You can’t be considered a Sherdog regular unless you recognize this man. The Dawg Father of MMA gifs, Kaz delivers high quality gifs of every card the very night it ends. He’s additionally a very friendly poster, and contributes to the forum with news articles and other creative thread topics.

Bigwaverider
The 2 time defending champ is back stronger than ever. Bigwaverider aims to create a fun loving, hard working, and team orientated culture amongst shoopers. His laid back personality combined with his meticulous shopping knowledge and instincts makes this man an easy choice for this years award. His passion for the forum is apparent, and he puts countless hours into delivering the highest quality shoop contests he can.

Jackonfire
Jack is like the perfect MMA ref. He does his job precisely and effectively without drawing all the eyes in the room to himself, yet he’ll jump in at the right moments to keep everything on track. Jack has a groovy taste in music, a timely sense of humor, and a fantastic work ethic that allows him to consistently deliver the forums famous PBP threads accurately every single time.

Frank McEdgar
A valued member of the Sherdog community, Frank McEdgar was the runner-up for this award last year. Frank is always contributing somewhere. Whether he’s cooking up a funny shoop, leaving a friendly post on your wall, or hanging out with the boys in the Heavies, Frank consistently delivers on brand humor that’s often hilarious.

Ares Black
If you’re brave enough to utter the words “WMMA Sucks” in the heavies, this man will show up at your door, and whisper into your ear “Fight of the Year is WMMA”. Ares is a witty, humorous and intelligent poster who’s known for his sarcasm, his loyalty to fellow Canadian GSP, and his appreciation for WMMA. His contributions in the PBP’s are unmissable, and he’s without a doubt a top contender for this years award.

IngaVovchanchyn
If you get a notification reading, “IngaVovchanchyn has quoted your post,” then there’s a good chance you’re about to learn something from one of the most insightful posters on Sherdog. Equal parts objective and un-rustleable, Inga has a deep knowledge of the sport and is a major contributor throughout the Heavies and PBPs.

HHJ
A Sherdog OG through and through. If HHJ’s account was a person, it would be old enough to get legally married in the state of Alabama. With his encyclopedic knowledge of MMA and sardonic wit, this Fedor and Khabib Supremacist regularly schools trolls and casuals, and is a quality contributor on any topic in the Heavies.

Arqueto
The top dog of the forum, Arqueto is equal parts friendly and talented. One of the premier shoopers of the website, you’ll find Arqueto often times enjoying his favorite holiday, “Fried Chicken Friday.” This fried chicken loving pup has contributed to the community this year through running shoop contests, and making outstanding community driven shoops that are an incredibly high quality.

Ironnik94
Anyone who has followed Ironnik94’s posts closely has seen 2 things:
1. He has an uncanny ability to break down and analyze fights.
2. When a Genderswap filter is applied to a photo of him, the female version of him is a legitimate Boise Dime.
In the relatively short time that he has been here, Ironnik94 has emerged as one of the most consistent and prolific contributors in the Heavies, and has more than earned his spot here in the Top 10 this year.

Every single one of these Finalists is incredibly deserving. We are fortunate to have hundreds of quality posters, and it’s a nearly impossible task to select just one. Thank you to each and every poster who contributed this year, who nominated a fellow poster, and who voted. Your contributions and your voices all combine to make Sherdog the best MMA community in the world.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF OUR FINALISTS!!

25-251019_new-york-city-new-city-skyline-silhouette-statue.png

Love the rename, Frankie was a good dude and I miss him. As usual though the list of candidates is extremely underwhelming from an actual ability to carry on an intelligent civil conversation about MMA standpoint.

If I were voting though it would be HHJ by a landslide with Inga in the #2 spot.

Actually, after looking at the list again this year is much better than usual, Zebra, Kaz and McEdgar are capable of quality debates and obviously Waverider always makes the list for his shop skills.

Nice to see the entire list isn't made up of posters with 90% of there contributions to the form consisting of nothing but irrelevant Memes and GIFs pandering for likes.

Frankie (rip) would be proud.

*Sorry, I don't usually bother with these threads but that happened to be the last think me and Frankie talked about so I guess it struck a nerve, lol.

Love the rename, Frankie was a good dude and I miss him. As usual though the list of candidates is extremely underwhelming from an actual ability to carry on an intelligent civil conversation about MMA standpoint.

If I were voting though it would be HHJ by a landslide with Inga in the #2 spot.

Actually, after looking at the list again this year is much better than usual, Zebra, Kaz and McEdgar are capable of quality debates and obviously Waverider always makes the list for his shop skills.

Nice to see the entire list isn't made up of posters with 90% of there contributions to the form consisting of nothing but irrelevant Memes and GIFs pandering for likes.

Frankie (rip) would be proud.

*Sorry, I don't usually bother with these threads but that happened to be the last think me and Frankie talked about so I guess it struck a nerve, lol.
<RomeroSalute><GinJuice>{<redford}<JackieThumbsUp><21>

I’ve ordered ginger beer from all over the country to try and find the best ratios and ginger beer. It’s become a complete obsession
So what did the answer turn out to be? I’ve never done that with a Mule but I have with other drinks. My favorite is the Vieux Carre and I’ve made it with several rye whiskies, several cognacs, and a few different sweet vermouths to find which ones I like best.

So what did the answer turn out to be? I’ve never done that with a Mule but I have with other drinks. My favorite is the Vieux Carre and I’ve made it with several rye whiskies, several cognacs, and a few different sweet vermouths to find which ones I like best.
Depends on if you like them sweet or spicy, or a mix of both. Personally, hit me with that ginger taste, I want spice up the whazoo. For an accessible and reasonable to acquire ginger beer we found “spectacular Q” to be a really good option. They add a splash of Cheyenne so it really hits that spicy taste some people like myself love.
upload_2021-1-5_11-18-54.jpeg

If you want something a little sweeter I found fever tree to be a great option again, for an affordable and accessible option.

11813924372510.png

Of course there’s better ginger beers out there. For example a place called Rachel’s in Seattle makes REALLY good ginger beers of varieties and flavors you wouldn’t expect, but you’re gonna pay out the ass.

tenor.gif

Wow brothers thank you all! I really appreciate the votes and props (if i didn't quote you then my bad i appreciated.) Plus I'm nominated along with great Sherbros who I like too so that's a win in itself. It's always a blast making gif threads and having fun discussions with you guys especially during this crazy year. May the best man win and big thank you to the mods for their work on the site.

RIP FRANKIENYC!

tenor.gif

Thank you for the gifs you post during the play by play threads.
Reading & participating in those threads is so much fun!

Back