FRANKIE NYC POSTER OF THE YEAR 2020 AWARD - Winner: KazDibiase

Who is your choice for 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year? (CHOOSE TWO)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. Imagine caring about that? What? First, it's Sherdog. And not the old Sherdog. Second, it's an Intenet forum. Unless there is money involved make up your own crappy site, create an award, and give it to yourself. Like Feedor did.
Also I’m just not sure how else we could have done it. We had a open thread asking for nominations; we took the 20 posters with the most nominations and put them in a poll. We allowed everyone to vote on those 20 for awhile, then took the Top 10 from that thread to make this one. The ten finalists were voted on and chosen by the community.

Also I’m just not sure how else we could have done it. We had a open thread asking for nominations; we took the 20 posters with the most nominations and put them in a poll. We allowed everyone to vote on those 20 for awhile, then took the Top 10 from that thread to make this one. The ten finalists were voted on and chosen by the community.
But it's not the 10 he wanted so ipsofacto..... it's rigged

But it's not the 10 he wanted so ipsofacto..... it's rigged
There’s no way to make everyone happy in an award that ends with 1 person winning. It is what it is. We really did do our best to make it as fair as possible. Even down to putting guys higher up in polls who received more nominations and votes in previous rounds.

Tis an honour to be mentioned in the same breath as these fine gentleman. Making the top ten has been an achievement I simply don't deserve as even though I have put work into the shoop scene I haven't been as active in the heavies overall this year. Bless everyone that voted for me I love all you crazy bastards.

To all the guys I wanted to vote for but didn't have the votes, you guys are awesome and make Sherdog such an awesome place to hangout. My votes went to my brothers @bigwaverider and @Zebra Cheeks but it broke my heart not being able to drop a vote on some of my favourite people here @Frank McEdgar @HHJ @Jackonfire @Ironnik94.

Everyone in this top ten deserved votes because you're all awesome and anyone that gets to wear the FrankieNYC POTY award thoroughly deserves it because @FrankieNYC is one of the Sherdog GOATS not just because of his contribution to the MMA scene here (which was immense) but because of the way he treated people, he was a true gent and will never be forgotten.

@FrankieNYC bless!

Last edited:

I wanted to vote for you so much bro. I voted for you last year but with only 2 votes this time it was tough man. You're always one of my favourite Sherbros.

taSNgg8.png

I wanted to vote for you so much bro. I voted for you last year but with only 2 votes this time it was tough man. You're always one of my favourite Sherbros.

taSNgg8.png
Dude, trust me that doesn't bother me one bit. @Zebra Cheeks and @bigwaverider are both undeniably worthy of the vote. With all solid posters here you can't take anything personal.

I was surprised @Deadwing88 didn't make it. He contributed quite a lot from what I can remember.

Tis an honour to be mentioned in the same breath as these fine gentleman. Making the top ten has been an achievement I simply don't deserve as even though I have put work into the shoop scene I haven't been as active in the heavies overall this year. Bless everyone that voted for me I love all you crazy bastards.

To all the guys I wanted to vote for but didn't have the votes, you guys are awesome and make Sherdog such an awesome place to hangout. My votes went to my brothers @bigwaverider and @Zebra Cheeks but it broke my heart not being able to drop a vote on some of my favourite people here @Frank McEdgar @HHJ @Jackonfire @Ironnik94.

Everyone in this top ten deserved votes because you're all awesome and anyone that gets to wear the FrankieNYC POTY award thoroughly deserves it because @FrankieNYC is one the Sherdog GOATS not just because of his contribution to the MMA scene here (which was immense) but because of the way he treated people, he was a true gent and will never be forgotten.

@FrankieNYC bless!
<RomeroSalute>

Everyone in this top ten deserved votes because you're all awesome and anyone that gets to wear the FrankieNYC POTY award thoroughly deserves it because @FrankieNYC is one of the Sherdog GOATS not just because of his contribution to the MMA scene here (which was immense) but because of the way he treated people, he was a true gent and will never be forgotten.

@FrankieNYC bless!

Damn bruh yer makin me all...

ArquentoCry.gif

@FrankieNYC bless!
Thank you for the kind words and be assured that i took it zero percent personal that you didn't vote for me.
The guys you've voted for and many others are absolutely deserving of their votes.
(I voted for Zebra Cheeks and KazDibiase)
I must say though, that i think you deserved more votes, you put a ton of work in and belong including the guys i voted for, Bigwaverider, Jackonfire and Dead Kennedy to the most hard working sherbros.
You're also one of the friendliest and most chill people on this forum by far, so i disagree with you not deserving to be named in the same breath as the other guys, you absolutely deserved to come this far imo.
<RomeroSalute>

predictable choices, seems like the cool kids are in the student council. There are other people I would have nominated.
Predictable is one thing, but how is that a problem, as long as the nominations are deserved?
Every single one of the top ten posters are very active, know their shit and are great people to have a chat and discuss with.
(And if you think i made the assessments for each one of them up, you might wanna check my post where i nominated i think everyone but Inga and HHJ out of the following 10 for the top 20, because i wrote basically the same thing back then, just slightly longer.)

Zebra Cheeks puts a f*ckton of time and work into this forum, discusses a lot (and is great to discuss with).

KazDibiase posts lots of interviews, does GIFs basically while the fights happen EVERY time there are fights

Bigwaverider also puts in a ton of work, most of which is done shooping and he's damn good at it and does it consistently, plus he's always giving tips to people how to do it and you can tell he's genuinely interested in it.

Jackonfire does the PBP threads for EVERY fight card, is very active and also a great person to chat and interact with and i also don't remember him ever posting something stupid, tactless, or something like that.
If anything, the opposite is true.

Frank McEdgar is by far one of the most active people on here, never shies away from having a fun convo, is honest, nuanced and basically all over this forum, you can tell he's on OG.

Ares Black is a real hardcore fan, knows about fights and fighters i've had no idea about, is good at assessing what these fighters are good at, is - like everyone mentioned here - a fun guy to discuss with and he's also active as f*ck, especially in the PBP-threads.

HHJ knows his sh*t and is really charismatic and thoughtful poster and similarly active like Ares Black or Zebra Cheeks.

IngaVovchanchyn is one of the most knowledgeable people on this site and you don't need to read much posts of her (i'm just assuming the gender, i have no idea, lol) to recognize that; you'll instantly able to tell that her posts come from a place that thought has been put into.

Arqueto is a work-horse when it comes to the shoops, is generally really active, tactful and by far one of the most welcoming and fun people to talk to on this site and it's not even close.

Ironnik94 is by far one of the most patient guys when it comes to responding to a die hard fan of a particular former lightweight and welterweight champion, who tends to be a bit unfair when it comes to the assessment of the accomplishments and abilities of a certain former welterweight and middleweight champion...
<BC1>

Last edited:
Back