FRANKIE EDGAR's Next Fight

Frankie will starch anyone in the top 10 other than Mendes (whom I still believe he'd beat).

My money is Frankie trains for the Aldo McGregor fight in hopes of one of them falling out. Outside of Stephens I don't see him fighting a top 10 opponent anytime soon.

give him Siver. That's how you earn title shots these days

They don't seem to give a fuck about Edgar.

I think he deinitely should have been ahead of Mendes as the replacement after Aldo pulled out. But, remember after the Faber fight he said he'd only fight for the title next and his dopey manager Ali saying they'd riot and burn down Zuffa HQ's if it didn't happen, or something to that effect. Not sure that would have went down favourably with the bosses. And he did get a title shot against Aldo straight after dropping down despite coming off two losses, so there has been a level of fuck given.

Probably Stephens when he gets healthy.

Or Holloway if (when) he gets passed Aloe Vera.

would be unfortunate to derail Holloway like that, but i guess there's no one else.

I would like to see Stephens fight Edgar, he's got the power and hands to stop Edgar cold. Not sure he has the speed to do it, but thats at least more interesting than seeing Holloway be thrown against the rocks.

if holloway wins, make frankie vs holloway.
i think thats the obvious thing to do. winner fights for the title.

Fedor. But really Frankie got screwed over hard in all of this. Winner of Holloway/Oliveira is the best he can do.

Got screwed over? Guess that makes up for all the title shots he was given that he didn't earn then...

Karma is a bitch (he lost to Penn in the first fight, so his title history is based on a lie...)

I want to see him whoop Conner.

100% worse match up for Connor. Amazing boxing, heart of a lion, can take 155 pound comp punches, excellent wrestler...can't wait for him to beat him!

the fight to make is obviously Mendes-Edgar, IMHO.

why would fighting guys like Guida or Siver make ANY sense for Frankie? lol

Got screwed over? Guess that makes up for all the title shots he was given that he didn't earn then...

Karma is a bitch (he lost to Penn in the first fight, so his title history is based on a lie...)

It's obvious he wants that big money fight. Why else would he go on Twitter and try that fake, cringey calling out of Conor?

Mendes jumped at the chance to fight Conor for the same reason. During that interview when Conor talked about resting his gonads on his forehead he mentioned about wanting "that big bucks fight" Even Werdum wants to get on the Conor/Aldo card to bulk up the bank balance. But I don't think Frankie's public appeal to get to fight Conor is going to do anything more to help him be next in line for the winner of Conor or Aldo (if they don't have a rematch) he clearly is.

And as for Mendes, and more specifically, his team-mates coming out with the reasons Mendes lost. Tough shit. He's a professional fighter who should know by now his body and fitness levels are what earns him his money, so he should probably look after himself a bit more even during his down time and wait till after he retires when he's in the middle of filming a hunting show or having a beer while sat on a boat fishing when he was called about taking the fight.

Clay Guida Vs Frankie Edgar I can imagine that in my mind.

Yeah. I'm fine with Edgar getting a "stay busy" fight like that. He already deserves a ts. Hell, he could fight Siver. Apparently that's the man to beat if you want a title shot.

100% worse match up for Connor. Amazing boxing, heart of a lion, can take 155 pound comp punches, excellent wrestler...can't wait for him to beat him!

Yeah, he took that punch from Gray Maynard quite well when he was stumbling around for nearly the whole 1st round in their second fight.

Have him fight Guida for a easy win over a name opponent. Give him the next title shot.

We should just drop down to 135 and fight Dillashaw. Easier than fighting Aldo again

The only fight that makes sense is Mendes.

Winner fights Conor or Aldo next year.

Back