Frankie Edgar's Gas Tank at UFN 13

obviously J Danger has the mental capacity of a 3 year old if it bothers him that I sign off on all my replies. If he's that easily butthurt he wants nothing to do with Scoresman Ronnie Mund.

Ronnie Mund

Nah man. Just makes you look like an amateur is all.

tell me about aldo's factors going into the hominick fight. we can compare them to edgars. im just saying. filming a show, preparing for marriage. those are just two huge ones that i am sure were 2 priorities before his fight.

He gained too much weight while out for his neck which made a rough weight cut, there was a video of his but it was bad. He was on antibiotics for a foot infection.

And I'm just answering the question, Edgar has the cardio edge.

Didn't know people still had dial up these days. Took you long enough to respond.

Ronnie Mund

ps. don't be mad you got your butter hole turned inside out ITT.

Ronnie Mund

Sorry kid, Internet words don't hurt. Give it a shot with someone else.

tell me about aldo's factors going into the hominick fight. we can compare them to edgars. im just saying. filming a show, preparing for marriage. those are just two huge ones that i am sure were 2 priorities before his fight.
Edgar made no excuses for that fight, why are you?
Maynard tossed Edgar around like pizza dough; and with a broken hand suffered seconds into the fight.
Maynard imposed his size on Frankie with the intention of wearing him out, it worked.
Maynard/Edgar 2 R5 found Edgar had slowed against Maynard as well.
If a fighters cardio is challenged often enough, they tire. Edgar's ability to avoid those situations sustains his late round surges.

I would say so. Aldo gets criticized for the last round against Mark but that's the only time I can recall him gassing badly. It's gonna be a great fight.

thanks for your concern in making sure Ronnie Mund doesn't look amateur. If you have any ideas on how Ronnie Mund can turn professional at internet posting please send me a PM.

Ronnie Mund

ps. Any relation to Harvey Danger??? The dude who wrote Flagpole Sitta???

Ronnie Mund

If you were a better troll, I'd give you the secrets.

I would say so. Aldo gets criticized for the last round against Mark but that's the only time I can recall him gassing badly. It's gonna be a great fight.

Florian clinched him all fight, Aldo was still sharp. Aldo kicked the shit out if Faber for 5 rounds, still looked good in round 5.

Edgar has better cardio, but he's cutting weight this time and Aldo has good cardio. Might be a wash.

Aldo gonna ko Edgar early anyway. He's far faster and much more accurate with strikes than Gray and Gray was able to land at will. Throw in leg kicks and Edgar getting fucked up.

But if anyone can hang and survive its Frankie. Heart enough for three guys.

He may have a slight edge.
However, Aldo is ready for 5 R if need be.
I like them both, I have no dog in the hunt. But the extremes claimed by either fanbase is ludicrus. The fight will end up contested in the middle of both those extremes.
Aldo/Edgar is a toss up.

tumblr_lr520ok7Tw1qacoeno1_500.png

The more I look at this the more I laugh

Florian clinched him all fight, Aldo was still sharp. Aldo kicked the shit out if Faber for 5 rounds, still looked good in round 5.

Edgar has better cardio, but he's cutting weight this time and Aldo has good cardio. Might be a wash.

Aldo gonna ko Edgar early anyway. He's far faster and much more accurate with strikes than Gray and Gray was able to land at will. Throw in leg kicks and Edgar getting fucked up.

But if anyone can hang and survive its Frankie. Heart enough for three guys.

It could go down like that, but I have this feeling Frankie's gonna pull it out. Aldo isn't as aggressive as he used to be IMO. The leg kicks worry me tbh though.

I think it's weird when people say that Aldo is faster than Frankie, especially when Aldo weighs 170 and Edgar weighs 155lbs or less. He's STILL the smaller man. Sometimes I wonder how he even became the LW champion. Fucking amazing. I would say Aldo is more of an explosive striker, but probably not faster.

Its impossible to kick off of your back leg when you're stepping backwards. That is the key to Frankie beating Aldo. If Frankie can close the distance, I have him winning a UD.

As far as weight cutting goes, Aldo cuts a huge amount. Comparing Edgar's cardio to a fight before he became champion is totally irrelevant.

It could go down like that, but I have this feeling Frankie's gonna pull it out. Aldo isn't as aggressive as he used to be IMO. The leg kicks worry me tbh though.

Gonna be a classic, Edgar is a beast and certainly has the ability to win.

Sorry I'm not trolling you like Dumb Fuck is trying, I'll sign my post like him though

Dumb Fuck

Its impossible to kick off of your back leg when you're stepping backwards. That is the key to Frankie beating Aldo. If Frankie can close the distance, I have him winning a UD.

As far as weight cutting goes, Aldo cuts a huge amount. Comparing Edgar's cardio to a fight before he became champion is totally irrelevant.
Well, the same principal applies, though.
Obviously, Edgar has improved his cardio.
Isn't it realistic to expect Aldo to have improved his as well?

Aldo's cardio being bad is a myth. Edgar and Aldo are going to put on a great fight. Edgar has the tools to win the bout, but I think his lack of speed advantage, Aldo's kicks and Edgar's inability to not get rocked will be the decisive factor. I wouldn't be surprised to see either win, but I think Aldo is too dynamic and can finish at any time. Edgar on the other hand will more than likely need a full twenty five to win.

It wasn't his first UFC fight at all. In fact, Frankie was fresh off a win over a highly touted Tyson Griffin.
Frankie Edgar was also ranked in the top ten. A win over Maynard would have placed him one win from a Title Fight, that's how highly regarded Edgar was going into the Maynard fight.
Maynard was given little chance. Gray broke his right hand seconds into the first round of that fight.

Thanks not being such a jerk about it. I honestly thought griffin and every one else was after Maynard. Dont know why...

Well, the same principal applies, though.
Obviously, Edgar has improved his cardio.
Isn't it realistic to expect Aldo to have improved his as well?

No. Last time his cardio was tested he looked like shit. He continues to pack on muscle and looks like crap at the weigh ins.

Back