Frankie Edgar vs Max Holloway for next shot at the Aldo/Conor winner....

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yay or nay?

Me personally, I think Max has done enough at this point to get a top 5 opponent, then title shot, if he wins (he won't beat Frankie, but he deserves the chance).

Yah, I dont mind this fight. But I think we may see Olivera vs Holloway rematch here considering how the fight ended. Depends on how hurt he is

Yah, I dont mind this fight. But I think we may see Olivera vs Holloway rematch here considering how the fight ended. Depends on how hurt he is

Could be a while for Olivera to heal. Might as well get your next contendor ready.

No. Frankie should fight for the title next. If he wants to stay active then sure but if he wants to sit out and fight for the title next then that's how it should be.

I like it, even with only half a round in the books, I thought Holloway was schooling Olivera and was going to cruise to a late too/sub or UD anyway. Frankie does deserve next shot but he wants to keep busy right?

No. Frankie should fight for the title next. If he wants to stay active then sure but if he wants to sit out and fight for the title next then that's how it should be.

I agree, but there's a lot of in between time for the Aldo/Conor fight. TUF is gonna prolong the fight even further, and there needs to be a good story line for the next title contendor. Fighting is about what have you done for me lately? Frankie needs to fight someone already.

He beat Cub (so did Holloway). He beat super past his prime BJ (most FWd would've beat the hell out of BK the same), and he beat Uriah Faber (for real?), and Oliveira (Max just beat him) I think a fight with Max is just enough for a title shot.

It's funny how their recent opponents have almost set them up to fight each other now. Similar opponents, similar outcomes, now who's gonna win between the 2 of them to solidify the undisputed title contendor?

I think he should fight for the title,even if this Oliveira fight never happened.

Check out every other FW challengers path to their FIRST FW title shot,and you can see what I mean. Holloway has done even more than any of them

The only difference is, Holloway didn't got hyped as much as them,so he isn't getting much attention. Which is psychologically making people think that he doesn't deserve a title shot.

Last edited:
I agree, but there's a lot of in between time for the Aldo/Conor fight. TUF is gonna prolong the fight even further, and there needs to be a good story line for the next title contendor. Fighting is about what have you done for me lately? Frankie needs to fight someone already.

He beat Cub (so did Holloway). He beat super past his prime BJ (most FWd would've beat the hell out of BK the same), and he beat Uriah Faber (for real?), and Oliveira (Max just beat him) I think a fight with Max is just enough for a title shot.

It's funny how their recent opponents have almost set them up to fight each other now. Similar opponents, similar outcomes, now who's gonna win between the 2 of them to solidify the undisputed title contendor?

Are you seriously comparing Olieveira's fluke injury with Frankie's win? And what do you meany by "for real" in Faber's case? If you mean that was a boring fight then okay otherwise that win is bigger than anything Holloway's done in his entire career. The only similar fight is maybe the Cub fight. Frankie is already the undisputed title contender. Holloway is on a good winning streak but he should fight Frankie for the number one contender spot only if Frankie wants to stay active.

Are you seriously comparing Olieveira's fluke injury with Frankie's win? And what do you meany by "for real" in Faber's case? If you mean that was a boring fight then okay otherwise that win is bigger than anything Holloway's done in his entire career. The only similar fight is maybe the Cub fight. Frankie is already the undisputed title contender. Holloway is on a good winning streak but he should fight Frankie for the number one contender spot only if Frankie wants to stay active.

Beating small ass Faber does nothing for you at FW. My point was, they both deserve the title shot, and should fight each other to find out who the undisputed #3 guy is I'm the division.

Frnakie's run is pretty much identical to Max's, and I don't care about a fluke injury to Oliveria. Max was winning that fight anyways, and would've stopped Oliveria if it kept going on.

You're just moving the goal posts to fit your agenda, and because I didn't agree with it.

Yeah, of course Frankie deserves a title shot, but Max does just as much as him. Fight, and see who fights for the title next. Easy solution. Besides, you really want Frnakie or Max to sit out this whole time, waiting for the Aldo/Conor winner? They need to be as sharp as can be for that fight.

Beating small ass Faber does nothing for you at FW. My point was, they both deserve the title shot, and should fight each other to find out who the undisputed #3 guy is I'm the division.

Frnakie's run is pretty much identical to Max's, and I don't care about a fluke injury to Oliveria. Max was winning that fight anyways, and would've stopped Oliveria if it kept going on.

You're just moving the goal posts to fit your agenda, and because I didn't agree with it.

Yeah, of course Frankie deserves a title shot, but Max does just as much as him. Fight, and see who fights for the title next. Easy solution. Besides, you really want Frnakie or Max to sit out this whole time, waiting for the Aldo/Conor winner? They need to be as sharp as can be for that fight.

The Max-Olievera fight wasn't even 2 minutes in when the fight ended with a fluke injury. It doesn't matter if you think Max would have won, the fact is we don't know and Olievera could have very well beaten Max for all we know. And beating a "small ass" Faber who was facing a "big ass" Frankie is no accomplishment? okay dude I can see who is moving the goal posts to fit their agenda. Their accomplishments are not the same and Frankie deserves it a lot more. As for me wanting them to sit out, I explixitly stated in both my previous posts that if Frankie wants to stay active, then I have no problem with him fighting Max. But if he wants to sit and fight for the title that he deserves to fight for then that's the way it should be.

I'd say Edgar vs. Holloway just because I feel like Holloway is on a mean streak right now with a lot of momentum, his movement looks great and he's pretty young so any championship fight would be good experience win or lose, he's an interesting new match up for Aldo and a god rematch story for McGregor, and Edgar is a proven elite fighter and I feel like he needs to put another good win between him and his loss to Aldo in 2013, which was itself a gift title shot after losing 2 in a row (tho one of those was close) - It's also good because Holloway seems to be obsessed with being BJ Penn who Frankie beat 3 times

A rematch would be nice between MW and CO but only if he has a quick recovery and there ready to do it again in the next month or so, I'd rather accept the fluke as a legit win instead of stalling better matches up for a guy who isn't exactly a world beater and has missed weight twice

The Max-Olievera fight wasn't even 2 minutes in when the fight ended with a fluke injury. It doesn't matter if you think Max would have won, the fact is we don't know and Olievera could have very well beaten Max for all we know. And beating a "small ass" Faber who was facing a "big ass" Frankie is no accomplishment? okay dude I can see who is moving the goal posts to fit their agenda. Their accomplishments are not the same and Frankie deserves it a lot more. As for me wanting them to sit out, I explixitly stated in both my previous posts that if Frankie wants to stay active, then I have no problem with him fighting Max. But if he wants to sit and fight for the title that he deserves to fight for then that's the way it should be.

My view in general is that once the bell sounds, wins are wins. As long as nothing illegal happens I kind of see it as legit outcomes. Was it a freak injury? yeah sure, but so was Shogun vs. Coleman and Weidman vs. Silva, those are still legit wins in my book because during the fight something happened to cause 1 person to lose. Sea level or not, full camp or not.

I understand your point of view but when you say " Olievera could have very well beaten Max for all we know" well they were in the cage and started the fight healthy, 1 guy had to stop because he got hurt and it wasn't Holloway

Isnt Frankie fighting Stephens?
I think next contender will be based on how impressive Edgar looks (gets a finish in a 3 round fight) and/or Aldo losing to McGregor.

I could see Holloway fighting Aldo early next year if Frankie squeaks by Jeremy and McGregor loses to Aldo.

title made it sound like a fact. you left out question mark, douche :p

I say put the Frankie V max fight close to the Conor / Aldo, because if Conor wins I see a rematch coming.

Title contention suicide for Max.. he should just wait his turn..

Small ass faber is the second most dominant FW in the history of the the division.

29bbq07.jpg

And it's not like Faber is shit now a days either, so don't try to use the "fabers achievements were ages ago" excuse. He's still elite, he's still top 3 in the rankings.

Last edited:
a rematch just sucks up too much time. I'd rather max get frankie, but if they go the rematch route, they should put on Jeremy stevens vs Frankie

Back