Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens likely for UFC 205

Whatever happened to that guy?

Don't know but he was posting a lot about the UFC/Zuffa Sale, so hopefully Lorenzo didn't send Agent 47 to pay him a visit.

200w.gif

Good points. But Dennis could get knocked down by a stiff breeze lol. Bermudez has incredible recovery but he isn't very good at taking a shot.

I dont know why whole post didnt show but yeah it should be there now, weird editing

True, Dennis does have a shaky chin.

Don't know but he was posting a lot about the UFC/Zuffa Sale, so hopefully Lorenzo didn't send Agent 47 to pay him a visit.

200w.gif

If Zuffa had control of Agent 47 he would have paid a visit to Ariel a long time ago.

Poor Maxie boy, first he doesn't get the title shot and now he doesn't get his wish of having Fight Night Hawaii against Poe. Jeremiah is going to get outstruck and taken down en route to a decision or late finish.

Stephens ducked me in an unsanctioned fight and now wants to pitter patter with Edgar.

Don't like it. Want to see Fe at 135 pounds.

He needs time to cut weight.

Fighters usually take 1-2 more fights in their weightclass before beginning their transition down.

If he decides to drop down to BW he'll need to take a little time off fighting to make the weight drop more scientific and permanent.

He needs time to cut weight.

Fighters usually take 1-2 more fights in their weightclass before beginning their transition down.

If he decides to drop down to BW he'll need to take a little time off fighting to make the weight drop more scientific and permanent.
I agree with that. But Edgar fighting Stephens is pretty dumb for me personally. There's little to gain with a win.

Poor Maxie boy, first he doesn't get the title shot and now he doesn't get his wish of having Fight Night Hawaii against Poe. Jeremiah is going to get outstruck and taken down en route to a decision or late finish.
UFC was never going to Hawaii while run by Zuffa. To do business in Hawaii you have to open your books. No chance in hell Zuffa was gonna do that.

<33>

Frankie is going to destroy Stephens lol

Can't disagree. I'm glad to see him take a step back, though. Put a win streak together and rebuild. Let Holloway or someone take a crack at the title in the mean time.

Big step up here for Stephens. Good loadie.

K
UFC was never going to Hawaii while run by Zuffa. To do business in Hawaii you have to open your books. No chance in hell Zuffa was gonna do that.

<33>
Hey, Holloway and Smolka in Hawaii would have brought the Hollobills. You're probably right though. Wonder what this means for Holloway.

I don't think Frankie can win this

K

Hey, Holloway and Smolka in Hawaii would have brought the Hollobills. You're probably right though. Wonder what this means for Holloway.
BJ Penn would have made them serious paper as well especially while champ. Even he campaigned for it. When it didn't happen I started looking into why they wouldn't hold a card there. I have family in Maui, would love to go there for an event. That's the reason lol.

Not sure on Max. If they make Aldo vs Conor 2 he will have little choice but to take another fight and risk an L. If McGregor vacates the title or is stripped it will be Max vs Aldo for the undisputed title. Which would be a shame for him cuz Aldo will kill him. But at least it won't be in front of his friends and family.

High risk low reward for Frank. Beating Stephens does little for him in the 145 pound picture but the guy hits a ton. He lost to Aldo which cost him a potential shot at Conor, don't see him getting a third crack at Jose. In his mid 30's I think the time is right to give BW a try.

Yeah. If I was Frankie's manager I would be telling him to try out 135. Mark Henry was on the mma hour a week or two ago saying that Frankie will take the quickest path to a title shot and that he should be at 135bs. I really hope the Stephens fight doesn't happen because it does very little for Edgar.

I can see frankie using his speed footwork and overall better boxing and kicking game mixed in with some well times take downs for a ud win. However, Stephen's has some scary power. Wouldn't be shocked if he cracks Edgar's chin in this one.

Back