Frankie Edgar to Jose Aldo: 'Homeboy's got something coming'

first or second round lol not going to be that fortunate bro. I expect to see a Aldo/Faber style, protracted 5-round beat down

You are exactly right. The Referee, realizing Maynard's right hand was trapped against the Cage and could not defend, did his job. Maynard escaped without a scratch and totally lucid.
Edgar's face does not reflect that same mercy.

Lol, you're funny. :icon_lol:

All joking aside, Frankie stopped Maynard with strikes and made him faceplant as the referee mercifully saved him. I'm not sure you will ever be able to see this because your poor eyes only see what they want to see. :wink:

I think Aldo will take this fight though. Frankie has a tendency to get hurt and Aldo is a known finisher. Frankie has good potential to pull an upset by wearing Aldo down and then outboxing him though.

News flash. If you watched the second fight you would know what he is talking about.

News flash. By your reasoning, Edgar lost Penn/Edgar 1 and was finished seconds into Maynard/Edgar 2. See how that works, slick?

I don't really care what idiotic judges decided. Those guys make terrible calls all the time. They even gave Machida the first fight against Shogun.

Frankie Edgar clearly beat Benson Henderson in the second fight.

Well, it doesn't matter if you think Frankie won or not cause it's written in stone that he lost twice.

Aldo is too good, Frankie is sooo fast at lightweight we'll see how fast he is at 145..Aldo 2nd round flying knee and punches

If anyone can beat Aldo its for sure Frankie IMO

but I predict Aldo beats him down in a great fight

Sure. It makes a lot more sense to "really care" what some idiotic fanboy poster on an anonymous forum thinks. lol

Except it isn't just me, most people and MMA sites called that fight for Frankie.

Now run along, Benson nuthugger.

By far Aldo's best opponent ever. Frankie takes a decision

aldo via murder. frankie has nothing for him.

frankies cardio is much better, so a UD is definitely possible... aldo starts strong and tends to fade, whereas frankie is the opposite

Well, it doesn't matter if you think Frankie won or not cause it's written in stone that he lost twice.

And Shogun really lost to Machida in the first fight.

Right. Stevie Wonder could call a fight better than most MMA judges.

Edgar will have to fight Aldo twice to prove himself no matter what. Isn't that how it usually works? Atleast for Frankie it is.

Jose will prove that he is really on another level in this fight, can't wait.

Who has Jose beaten anywhere close to the caliber of Frankie Edgar? Guy who couldn't win the big one in 155, Kenny Florian? 135er Faber? Who?

Lol, you're funny. :icon_lol:

All joking aside, Frankie stopped Maynard with strikes and made him faceplant as the referee mercifully saved him. I'm not sure you will ever be able to see this because your poor eyes only see what they want to see. :wink:

Exactly what do you want me to see other than what I posted? Edgar glamourously KOing Gray? That didn't happen.
Edgar bloodying Maynard? that didn't happen.
E dgar landed 2 effective strikes. One a very short uppercut that landed "on the button". He followed that up with a nice right hand on an addled Maynard.
There was no effective GnP. Frankie's concern was pressuring Maynards hips and keeping him trapped on his right hand against the Cage. He was too far back to land anything punishing.
However, I thought it was a good call by the Referee, Maynard not defending.

And Shogun really lost to Machida in the first fight.

Right. Stevie Wonder could call a fight better than most MMA judges.

I could not care less about the Machida and Shogun fight. I'm talking about you being butt hurt about Frankie Edgar losing twice.

Except it isn't just me, most people and MMA sites called that fight for Frankie.

Now run along, Benson nuthugger.
"most people and MMA sites". More of the same clueless internet fodder.
Would you get real, kid.

Certainely one of the most anticipated fight coming in first half of 2013.

I like Edgar in that fight. Aldo has never fought a guy as good as Edgar before.

I think it will last for 25 minutes, a great battle, with the THIRD round being the key. I see Aldo beginning in a strong way and hurting Edgar and winning the first 2 rounds. During the third Aldo will slow down a bit, not Frankie though, and he will begin to pressure Aldo, land more combos and maybe even take him down later in the round. By the 4th round Edgar will clearly be the most active and succesful fighter inthe Octagon, without being able to finish Aldo.

The 3rd round guys, is the key. Depending on who takes it and how we will either have a 48-47 UD on all 3 cards with the judges giving identical scorecards, or a split D that will wreck havoc on sherdog.

i cant actually make my mind up. you should never count out frankie though, and aldo hasnt looked that impressive in the ufc

Frankie's coming for that ass, people. I told you once, I'll tell you again.

Back