frankie edgar should of stayed at lightweight

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why in God's name did they move him to featherweight that is one of the stupidest decision ever.

one of the best headline lightweight fighters who always bring 5 star matches gets moved to an irrelevant division that noone cares about.

what is he doing now, just doing irrelevant crap on tuf. he was on a roll, he could have easily get back into title contention within 2 or 3 fights.

look how many potential fights he could have at lightweight.

but no, he's fighting.... BJ Penn. just idiotic. goes from an exciting lightweight champ to an obscure nobody

On a roll? He lost two fights before dropping down...

the LW champ doesn't fight anyways. So no point. He's wasting his prime years doing nothing on TUF as opposed to fighting at LW where you can't move towards a title shot anyways, because nobody is there to defend it.

why in God's name did they move him to featherweight that is one of the stupidest decision ever.

one of the best headline lightweight fighters who always bring 5 star matches gets moved to an irrelevant division that noone cares about.

what is he doing now, just doing irrelevant crap on tuf. he was on a roll, he could have easily get back into title contention within 2 or 3 fights.

look how many potential fights he could have at lightweight.

but no, he's fighting.... BJ Penn. just idiotic. goes from an exciting lightweight champ to an obscure nobody

They moved him to bring recognition to fw and he agreed to go. I'm with you on this though he had real advantages at LW not so much now. DC should have stayed at hw too.

Frankie would tool Pettis. Pettis is the sorriest champion UFC has had in years by far

He's facing Penn which is arguably the biggest matchup he could get at either FW or LW.

He absolutely crushed Penn the second time and I think he beat Bendo both times. Way more obvious the second time.

What's your point?

That Frankie dropped two fights before ditching the weightclass...

I actually think he should move down to BW. He still isn't at his optimum weight class IMO but Frankie likes overcoming larger fighters and seems to have to prove himself.

Nothing wrong with wanting to fight guys more his size. About the whole TUF thing, I think the guys like Frankie are the ones who should be getting the coaching jobs in the first place. Guys who are experienced and probably won't be fighting 3-4 times a year anyways. He also gets to increase his draw power, something he never really had.

Frankie would tool Pettis. Pettis is the sorriest champion UFC has had in years by far

I am a HUGE Edgar fan and think that Pettis is a terrible match up for him.. his toughness wouldn't matter he would get Ko'ed

he is worse at featherweight. frankies only advantage is speed and cardio. at fw where everyone else has it, he has no advantage. thats why he barely got through charles oliveira

i dont see him beating aldo, cub swanson, mendes or korean zombie

however, hes rare in that hes a fw who has the chin and tdd to handle lightweights power/strength... shouldve stayed there

No one cares about FW?

Since when?

what is he doing now, just doing irrelevant crap on tuf.

Frankie TUF 19
LW champ TUF 20
HW champ TUF Latin

TUF = The Unable Fighter.

Back