Frankie Edgar is a really small dude...

Tough cut to 135 but 125 ain't gonna happen.

Of course. That manlet would be knocked stiff.
Don't know what makes you more delusional. The fact you think you could take on a Champion level UFC fighter or that you think you make Frankie "Stiff"! Not sure you are hit type. LOL

every single year, Frankie Edgar gets smaller and smaller in the eyes of his supporters

lmao?? No Edgar isnt 5'4"
5'6" sounds about right. People tend to estimate height very badly if they arent used to seeing rulers and the variations in posture.
One of the other posters in the thread said he saw him walking with Chad Mendes and that Mendes was noticeably taller than him so I guesstimated.

I'd draw the opposite conclusion from the stats you posted. Actually, based on these stats, I would say Edgar won. Their exchanges were dead even and he was by far the more active fighter. Remember that aggression is one of the criteria the fights are supposed to be judged on.

Effective aggression. None of it was effective. Watch that fight again, lol.

Seriously how can you think being pushed off all your takedowns is effective grappling? I hope to Cthulhu judges aren't that stupid.

Not to mention Aldo stole rounds by landing a huge counter or flurry late into a even round. He dominated that fight but damn Frankie is a beast, looking forward to Aldo vs McGregor 2.

Frankie really small? Don't say that too loud, a Diaz will want to fight him.

Benson was never huge. He looked huge next to Frankie.
Average height but he carried a rediculous amount of muscle for a LW especially his lower body
benson-henderson-ufc-144_crop_650x440.jpg

If he landed as many significant strikes as his opponent, how is it that he was ineffective and the latter effective?

Because he was thrown off his takedown attempts like someone who isn't a great MMA wrestler. If effective striking is even it then goes to effective grappling which Aldo won.
If effective grappling was even it would go down into effective aggression then if that was even would descend to cage control then you may have had an arguement

But having your 11 takedowns completely and utterly smashed by TDD isn't effective grappling stopping yourself from being taken down is, even though it is "defensive".

Because he was thrown off his takedown attempts like someone who isn't a great MMA wrestler. If effective striking is even it then goes to effective grappling which Aldo won.
If effective grappling was even it would go down into effective aggression then if that was even would descend to cage control then you may have had an arguement

But having your 11 takedowns completely and utterly smashed by TDD isn't effective grappling stopping yourself from being taken down is, even though it is "defensive".

I guess the judges agree with you. Personally, I don't think a fighter should be able to win fights based on effective defence, which I see merely as a means to an end. But your perspective is certainly legitimate and I appreciate your explaining it.

Back