Frankie Edgar is a really small dude...

Weren't Frankie fans saying he was going to KO Aldo in the 1st round?

I don't think anyone thought Aldo would come back like he did though. Aldo showed just how great he is.

252484-9071186.png

I knew Aldo would dominate him lol.

To be fair, Edgar has the tools, it's just has to be a perfect fight. And Aldo did not look good by any means in that match. What the hell were people watching?
Aldo stuffed every single takedown, threw him around, messed up his face, and countered very effectively. Easy 49-46.

252484-9071186.png

Just like I predicted.

To be fair, Edgar has the tools, it's just has to be a perfect fight. And Aldo did not look good by any means in that match. What the hell were people watching?

I thought I was the only one that was not impressed. He was in defensive mode the whole fight. Edgar was the one trying to bring the action.

Cool that his defense is that good and he can counter, but doing that when you are the bigger fighter in the fight doesn't prove that he can do different against Conor.

Aldo stuffed every single takedown, threw him around, messed up his face, and countered very effectively. Easy 49-46.

252484-9071186.png

Just like I predicted.
Sure I agree but damn if I call that a domination. I agree he lost but my god that shit sucked. I was embarrassed saying it was my fav fight to my friends

frankie is actually too small to be a manlet. fact.

I like Frankie. Big fan.

He'd lose to TJ and Cruz though. Needs to make the Florian like 'search for a title' cut. Might need to go vegan.

Where was this? But yeah, the boy is tiny.
One of the ufcs in Newark where alpha male and Edgar were together. I think gsp may have been there. I'm not much taller and have a wider frame and wrestled in high school and made 125 before so I duno. I was a skeleton tho. Unhealthy

No way, Woodley is bigger than anyone back then. And you still have fighters like Rory, Thompson who have the weigh and the size advantage over anyone back then and now. Hendricks not so long ago was huge too. GSP was the biggest WW back then and now he says that he can make LW, that is because he knows there is a lot of bigger fighters at WW than him now. At LW I say Barboza is almost as big as GSP too.

Yeah none of that is true. There is a limit to the amount of weight that fighters can cut (water weight) and then weigh in at on fight night. Most guys are 15lbs to 25lbs heavier max on fight night than their weigh in weight.

Hendricks is no longer weighing 194lbs on fight night. GSP usually weighed 188lbs.

GSP is paranoid and Mr. Safety he is nuts if he wants to cut to ducking lightweight. My god..

"Oh I am so small". Bullshit GSP was 188lbs to 192lbs at fucking 5'10 with 10% or less body fat and easily one of the strongest.

Woodely is jacked but he isn't a 200lber in the cage on fight night. His walk around fat weight sure but not fight weight.

Woodley is also still only 5'9. In fact all the top WW us about and in WW history have been 5'9 to 5'11. And we kow UFC inflates height stats at times at least with regards to 6ft fighters. Rory isn't actually 6ft he is 5'11 something. And Rory just has a large frame and reach but by no means is he somehow 210lbs in the cage. You are nuts of you think that.

Wonderboy is the only solid good 6fters who is 6ft flat who may see the belt. Condit is weak and weighs nothing for instance.

Also, by your logic 250lb HW's in Pride and UFC a few years back are some how 'smaller' than today's HW's. Despite the fact that today smaller HW (in weight) are more or less dominating.

Yeah it's kinda crazy how big each division has gotten, Tony Ferguson is a HUGE LW alongside others like Chiesa. Still the top of the division isn't too huge but that'll change (Alvarez/RDA/Khabib).

Height is staying the same by and large. Look at Alvarez and so is weight. What is changing is muscularity, body composition. Fighters hitting weights and getting better conditioned.

An old WW like Karo Parsyian never lifted weights and was a skinny fat WW who got muscled around by guys who weighted either less or as much or maybe a little more than him. Still though he couldn't compete because the guy had no damn muscle mass.

Obligatory:

FrankieEdgar-CrisCyborg.jpg

Good thing he isn't a LW now. LW back when he was there besides Benson was the FW of today. LW these days are huge, WW like.

Lightweights are getting bigger AFTER the introduction of USADA?

tibau_el.0.jpg

I understand that bro. But really? Domination? He was clearly better.. I'm not saying that. They made it sound like aldo was doing what jj did to Esparza
I mean I thought it was a clear cut outclassing. Frankie was busted up, got all of his takedowns stuffed, got countered all fight, and missed a lot. A 100% outclassing, that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back