Frankie Edgar has never lost a non title fight...

Has never lost a non title fight

Admits in first sentence he has lost a non title fight.

Ok
This.
His loss to Maynard wasn’t bs

He didn’t destroy Maynard on the 2nd fight.

You are fake news.
And this.
I don't know how anyone can say an old loss is irrelevant because it was avenged later. That would be like saying Rampage's two brutal losses to Wandy were irrelevant because they happened a long time ago and Rampage "went on to destroy him later". Or Chuck's loss to Randy. And on and on. A loss is still a loss, even if it's early in a fighter's career.
And also this.

This thread is BS.

That said, Frankie is clearly the favorite.

Faber never lost a non title fight except to Edgar and rivera

His loss to Maynard wasn’t bs

He didn’t destroy Maynard on the 2nd fight.

You are fake news.
Let the ts believe his non sense it gives us a break from the conor and gsp threads

Frankie is all class, but age and mileage will catch up to him at some point. Probably not here though.

Maynard rocked the shit out of Frankie, no? But cardio kills and Edgar has it for days.

Lol @ whomever said Edgar arguably won the first Aldo fight.

I don't know how anyone can say an old loss is irrelevant because it was avenged later. That would be like saying Rampage's two brutal losses to Wandy were irrelevant because they happened a long time ago and Rampage "went on to destroy him later". Or Chuck's loss to Randy. And on and on. A loss is still a loss, even if it's early in a fighter's career.

The premise of your thread title stating that he's never lost a non-title fight is clickbait nonsense. He did. And the second fight was hardly destruction.
Wait rampages 2 losses to vandy still count? But it was along time ago and he destroyed him the 3rd time.
Those losses are irrelevant

I hated when Frankie took BJ's belt. (don't any of you dare say "soul")
But after a while he became one of my favorite fighters.
Then that damn fucker had a third fight with BJ and I went back to hating him. (granted if I recall it was BJ who called out Edgar)
But, love him or hate him, he's always been top 3 in LW and FW for as long as I can remember. Going close to ten years since this guy has been top of the food chain.
It hasn't been 10 years he took bj belt in mid 2010. I know that's 8 years but I can' recall off hand how long he had belt after that fight. Rematch with bj then 2 fights with Maynard before losing to bendo

It hasn't been 10 years he took bj belt in mid 2010. I know that's 8 years but I can' recall off hand how long he had belt after that fight. Rematch with bj then 2 fights with Maynard before losing to bendo
Right, but I meant nearly 10 years (or 8+) since he's been top 3 of 2 divisions, regardless of whether he had the belt or not

I think he just meant Edgar's been a contender for about a decade consistently, which is pretty much true because ever since he beat Sherk in 2009, Edgar has been top 5, be it at LW or FW.

Shit, looks like I missed something. I'm guessing Max is out with injury?

Frankie/Holloway is easily the most interesting title fight in a long time and now both guys have pulled out.

It feels like it will never happen. Ortega/Edgar doesn't interest me much. Ortega seems to just get flat out lucky in fights (not to take away from his skills), and there's not a single area I'd give him the advantage over Edgar. Edgar is too touch and consistent to make a mistake like Cub did.

If an interim belt is on the line, this is easily the most uninteresting title fight in a while. WMMA excluded.

I think he just meant Edgar's been a contender for about a decade consistently, which is pretty much true because ever since he beat Sherk in 2009, Edgar has been top 5, be it at LW or FW.
This is off topic but I lost bets on every fight on the card where Frankie beat bj the 1st time.
Only a month later did I find out the results were spoiled on Internet cause it was in Abu dhabi.

This is off topic but I lost bets on every fight on the card where Frankie beat bj the 1st time.
Only a month later did I find out the results were spoiled on Internet cause it was in Abu dhabi.

L

This tells me he's been given a lot of title shots.

True, getting that Randy / Faber treatment. I respect these dudes, and it’s awesome that they stayed competitive at the top for so long. However, overtime it makes the division stale, if the #2 guy (be it Faber, Frankie, or Benavidez) keeps derailing the prospects, and getting title shot after title shot.

Frankie beats Ortega, Emmett, Elkins, and Heathen (already beat him) in my opinion.

But Max...I think Max is a bad matchup for him.

okay...

holloway is probably gonna beat that ass bad lmao.

neither fight was a " domination ", just clear wins.

lmao go get banned again Toner, little brazilian weirdo.
Get off my nuts jackass

The GOAT Aldo dominated Frankie 2X

Deal with it.

Ortega has been lit up badly by both his previous opponent until catching them in his Guillotine. If Edgar can avoid Ortega's bread and butter choke, I'm confident he takes it.

cool, ortega hasnt lost yet and he wont lose to frankie either.

Back