Frankie Edgar doesnt deserve title shot in my opinion

Frankie vs Conor
Holloway vs Aldo

I'm ok with that, but I'm always in favor with newcomers joining in the mix of contenders, hate when failed challengers try to stonewall them and demand rematches with the champion.

Cub and Chad were both lined up for title shots if they got past Frankie. Only seems right that Frankie should get one after wrecking both of them.

His fight against Cub should have granted him the shot...

Cub and Chad were both lined up for title shots if they got past Frankie. Only seems right that Frankie should get one after wrecking both of them.
Cub was not. Conor took his place.

Max isn't ready. He couldn't even handle the pressure of being on the main card for a red panty night.

Frankie deserves it. He should demand an interim title against Jose Aldo if Conor decides to fight at LW for UFC 200.

He's as deserving as Connor was when he got the interim title shot.

faber fight was at 145.

you really know nothing TS. and not just bc of that ^.

I'd say they were all good wins except Mendes, Mendes' chin has clearly deteriorated, Frankie couldn't knock people out with his hardest punch if he ran 10 steps and landed a bomb, yet he knocks out Mendes with one of his pitter-patters. Let him see if he can actually beat Aldo instead of getting murked.
Don't tell that to Gray Maynard...

Frankie can hit when he plants his feet and lets it go. He just normally doesn't as he is more of a volume guy.

Plus, hitting hard is something that can come later. Prior to Hardy, Condit wasn't putting guys out cold. He is also a volume striker who usually doesn't throw bombs (or at least didn't used to). He has done it to 2 or 3 people now. I can't remember if Kampmann went out.

I'm sure there are more examples of guys that possess power but don't usually throw bombs.

Frankie is on a better win streak, but people tend to forget he lost 3 title-fights in a row before that streak.

Aldo and Max have never had title-shots in the UFC.

Frankie's in the Rich Franklin zone, he should be third in line imho

He lost three close fights against Benson and Aldo, thought he lost to Aldo but beat Benson in the second fight.

Aldo's not the champion anymore neither is Benson and Frankie's been running through people, including Cub Swanson and Charles Oliveria the two best wins on Max's resume. Frankie deserves that shot.

Seriously look at his record. His last finish against Mendes was okay but what else hes done? Decision against Faber at lower weighclass, last second finish against Cub, TKO win over Penn who was on losing streak and came back from 2 years layoff.. Max Holloway is much more deserving fighter to that title shot. Hes on 8 fight winstreak with 6 finishes.. His last loss is against McGregor and thats super impressive that he didnt get finished. UFC needs to respect that loss to McGregor and his 8 fight winstreak.

doesn't deserve a response in my opinion.

Seriously look at his record. His last finish against Mendes was okay but what else hes done? Decision against Faber at lower weighclass, last second finish against Cub, TKO win over Penn who was on losing streak and came back from 2 years layoff.. Max Holloway is much more deserving fighter to that title shot. Hes on 8 fight winstreak with 6 finishes.. His last loss is against McGregor and thats super impressive that he didnt get finished. UFC needs to respect that loss to McGregor and his 8 fight winstreak.

Clicked this expecting a white belt...was not disappointed nor was I disappointed with the content.

I will bite though:

Hollways wins during his current 8 fight win streak:

1. Will Chope (not in UFC)
2. Andre Fili (3-2 in UFC, not ranked)
3. Clay Collard (1-3 in UFC, not ranked)
4. Akira Corassani (3-3 in UFC, not ranked)
5. Cole Miller (10-7 in UFC, not ranked)
6. Cub Swanson (6-3 in UFC, ranked #6 in FW)
7. Charles Oliveria (9-5 in UFC, ranked #7 in FW)
8. Jeremy Stephens (11-11 in UFC), ranked #9 in FW)

Edgars wins during his current 5 fight win streak:

1. Charles Oliveira (9-5 in UFC, ranked #7 in FW)
2. BJ Penn (12-9-1 in UFC, former 3 time champion, not ranked)
3. Cub Swanson (6-3 in UFC, ranked #6 in FW)
4. Urijah Faber (9-4 in UFC, 3 time title challenger, ranked #3 in BW)
5. Chad Mendes (8-4 in UFC, 3 time title challenger, ranked #3 in FW)

Now lets break it down for you more...

Edgar beat Swanson on a 6 fight win streak and yeah he finished him near the end of the fight....but so did Holloway.

The easiest tell though is Mendes. Edgar put him away (on a full fight camp) faster than Aldo and a full round faster than your hero McGregor did when Mendes only had two weeks to train.

So as you can now clearly see, Edgar is light years ahead of Holloway for that title shit. You are welcome.

Win against BJ Penn wasnt impressive. It doesnt matter if hes former champion or not. Penn was on crazy losing streak and came from 2 years layoff. Max finished Cub much earlier than frankie. Max also stopped Oliveira unlike Frankie.

He lost three close fights against Benson and Aldo, thought he lost to Aldo but beat Benson in the second fight.

Aldo's not the champion anymore neither is Benson and Frankie's been running through people, including Cub Swanson and Charles Oliveria the two best wins on Max's resume. Frankie deserves that shot.

They were close, I actually gave him both fights against Bendo, but officially he lost them both, then he lost to Aldo.

Aldo ruled the FW division for close to 10 years, and he beat Frankie. No way does Frankie deserve it more than him.

Cub was on 6 fight streak BEFORE Edgar, not before Max, he lost everything after Edgar and obviously looked bad against Max. Max needs to fight top guy - Edgar, Lamas, Aldo or Chad
My bad I meant to say that this guy can'tbash FFrankie ' win over cub I forgot max beat cub after that too

Win against BJ Penn wasnt impressive. It doesnt matter if hes former champion or not. Penn was on crazy losing streak and came from 2 years layoff. Max finished Cub much earlier than frankie. Max also stopped Oliveira unlike Frankie.

Oliveira injured himself. It was a win, but he didn't stop Oliveira. I'm all for Max, but you, TS are delusional.

Stop putting Oliveira's name in Max's resume that fight ended in 2 mintes due to injury, not due to Max being a better fighter. Olveira choked out Jury who came from the LW after that, so i think Oliveira can beat Holloway

Back