Frankie beats Max

I don't know if I'd go THAT far.

Maybe 9 years... it was around the time he beat BJ Penn in 2009. He impressively chain wrestled people to death to win the title. This version of Frankie is much slower and less explosive. At least that's how I feel.

Definitely interested to see 1) Max back at featherweight and 2) How he deals with Frankie’s wrestling.

I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Frankie, especially in Fantasy MMA for say $15

Definitely interested to see 1) Max back at featherweight and 2) How he deals with Frankie’s wrestling.

I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Frankie, especially in Fantasy MMA for say $15

He's currently +275 to +300. About the same as Holly Holm is v Nunes. More of an underdog than Jan Blachowicz +160 (v Rockhold), Jorge Masvidal +200 (v Askren), or Deigo Sanchez +250 (v Chiesa).

Of all those underdogs I'd say Edgar is the 3rd best bet after Jan B & Diego Sanchez.

Frankie wrestled the shit out of Cub on the first bout, didnt watch the second one.
Ya I had to look up the play by play for Edgar v Stephens. I didn't remember much of it until reading it again. He definitely won by wrestling. I didn't see the 2nd Cub fight either, but I now remember the first and he frigging owned him all 25 minutes, IIRC. Mostly on the ground.

My initial hypothesis - that maybe he hasn't grappled much in the last 6 years - turns out to be pretty bad :)

Max lacks KO power and that is shown to be Frankie's weakness as of late. He won't tire like Aldo and Pettis did either and has way better all around skills than Ortega. Seeing as Max just bulked up, lost, now is coming back down, it is totally conceivable that he loses a close fought decision, but is rightly favored.

max most likely uses frankie's head like a speedbag, pretty sure they're using this as a tune up for max.

Back