Frank Warren: Golovkin Would Fight Saunders, Canelo Never Will

Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Threat Actor
@Silver
Reaction score
I bolded the fighting words out of courtesy for the lazy. It's time to stir the pot a bit. Frank here seems to be suggesting that Canelo is protected and that GGG isn't. Fans would love to see Canelo fight Jacobs or Saunders next should he get past GGG Saturday night. Let's see the best continue to fight the best and keep this locomotive moving. Silence the doubters, Canelo. We believe in you!
C7I.gif

By Chris McKenna, courtesy of The Daily Star

BILLY JOE SAUNDERS will hope Gennady Golovkin comes out on top against Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez in their eagerly anticipated middleweight match-up next weekend.

That is because a deal could be struck for him to face the Kazakh knockout star next year in a money-spinning fight.

British ace Saunders defends his WBO title against American Demetrius Andrade in Boston next month.

But he has been craving a clash with Golovkin, 36, for over a year to prove he is the real king of the middleweights.

Golovkin faces Alvarez in a rematch of last year’s controversial draw at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena in the early hours of next Sunday morning.

And Saunders’ promoter Frank Warren believes Golovkin winning is the better outcome for his man because he does not believe Alvarez will ever face the Hatfield southpaw.

Warren said: “We have signed to face Golovkin before and we were close to getting a deal done a second time around.

“I don’t think Canelo will ever fight Billy Joe Saunders, certainly not if he beats Golovkin. They don’t fancy that at all.

“I think Golovkin will do it. He has that warrior mentality, he will fight anybody.

“He has proven that by going on the road all the time. If Saunders goes out and beats Andrade, that will deliver him an even bigger fight against one of the best in the world.”

The build-up to the rerun of Golovkin against Alvarez has turned nasty after bitter disputes between the pair’s teams.

It all stems from Alvarez failing two drug tests in February when traces of prohibited substance clenbuterol, which aids fat burning and muscle growth, were found.

Alvarez. 28, claimed the substance was ingested through eating contaminated meat in his homeland of Mexico but he was still hit with a six-month ban which forced the pair’s rematch in May to be cancelled.

Following lengthy negotiations the two fighters’ teams finally settled to meet again next weekend with Golovkin’s WBA and WBC titles on the line.

Golovkin said: “What is respect? Let me ask you.

“When you deceive people, when you hurt business, when you don’t respect your TV network, when you don’t give a damn about your fans, is that what you call respect?

“The people who support him and stand by him are swindlers, just like him. How could one respect him? Of course there is no respect.

“I don’t really hate him. I wouldn’t say I hate him. It’s just that my opinion of him has changed completely.

“You know what you consume. You are responsible. Those who take illegal stuff get caught. In their case it didn’t go to plan and they were caught red handed.”

Alvarez has been angered by Golovkin’s refusal to accept his explanation for the failed test and has triggered a war of words. His latest barb is to question the Kazakh’s record.

The Mexican said: “I want to rip his head off. There is no doubt about that. Now if he thinks he respect the sport, how many champions has he fought? Very few.

“How many opponents has he had with a s***load of losses. He makes people think he is all about good fights when he is not.”

Frank Warren: Golovkin Would Fight Saunders, Canelo Never Will

if they're still in their primes, they both put saunders into the fucking ground. and i might be the only one here who thinks old billy actually has elite skills.

saunders prefers to hold the belt hostage without fighting anyone, though.

if they're still in their primes, they both put saunders into the fucking ground. and i might be the only one here who thinks old billy actually has elite skills.

saunders prefers to hold the belt hostage without fighting anyone, though.
Canelo puts Jacobs into the ground, too? If the version that showed up for GGG is standing across from him then definitely not. Floyd believes Saunders has some slick skills. You're not the only one that thinks so. I'd like to see both in with Canelo sometime soon.

Lol @ anyone who believes that.

To me it looks like Warren is trying to piss Canelo off so he'll fight Saunders sooner than later. I think it's obvious.
Likely the case. Legitimately dont think Saunders would ever fight Canelo/GGG/Danny. Unless maybe they look like washed up ass.

I like it , keep the train moving

Canelo puts Jacobs into the ground, too? If the version that showed up for GGG is standing across from him then definitely not. Floyd believes Saunders has some slick skills. You're not the only one that thinks so. I'd like to see both in with Canelo sometime soon.
no. i think jacobs beats the living shit out of saunders, and gives canelo a tough fight. i wouldn't be surprised at all if danny beat canelo.

i'd be shocked if BJS beat either canelo or jacobs. he might have a chance against a shot golovkin, but a prime gennady rips him to fucking shreds.

It would be great to see Canelo fight in the UK, so hope this happens - would draw a big crowd of people interested to see him in the flesh IMO, like the Brook GGG fight

I like the stirring but it's pretty laughable coming from BJS's team as he's been avoiding anyone with a pulse for years. He could have fought GGG a long time ago if he had really wanted to but he dodged any difficult bout for a long time. It's funny how he wants to fight GGG now after GGG has looked more mortal. He's got to beat Andrade first so let's see what happens there before we get ahead of ourselves talking about GGG vs BJS.

Yes, I think Canelo puts Billy J into the GROUND!!! just like he did Lara!!!!!!! OH WAIT!

Saunders is a horrible match up for Canelo and if he is smart and a coward he stays the fuck away from him but Canelo IS smart but not a coward so I believe he does fight Saunders and probably loses a decision.

Yes, I think Canelo puts Billy J into the GROUND!!! just like he did Lara!!!!!!! OH WAIT!

Saunders is a horrible match up for Canelo and if he is smart and a coward he stays the fuck away from him but Canelo IS smart but not a coward so I believe he does fight Saunders and probably loses a decision.
the lara that fought canelo is several classes slicker than BJS will ever be.

anything BJS does, lara did better. a lot better.

Frank Warren has been talking shit for 30 years, but he is getting worse and worse these days

But he seems to be part of the Fury/Saunders camp now, so i would not expect anything sensible to leave his lips

Frank Warren has been talking shit for 30 years, but he is getting worse and worse these days

But he seems to be part of the Fury/Saunders camp now, so i would not expect anything sensible to leave his lips
Frank did say this from the OP

Warren said: “We have signed to face Golovkin before and we were close to getting a deal done a second time around.

Lol... you represent the reluctant party, sir. Either man would consider BJS as chum

Frank did say this from the OP

Warren is a relic and needs to be confined to the coffins of boxing in the UK, for someone who has been around boxing so long, he has turned into a joke

Barnum would be proud of Warren, but it doesnt wash anymore

yes Frank, this has absolutely nothing to do with Saunders at all.

Lol. If Saunders ever grows a pair Ill happily take your money on it.

Lol. If Saunders ever grows a pair Ill happily take your money on it.

Should be fun, let’s hope they keep winning and meet up, or Saunders GGG works as well but due to GGG’s style I’m not sure that’s fun for BJS. Either way let’s hope it happens.

Back