Frank shamrock vs Phil baroni

This actually was a good fight... I remember thinking at first that Phil would just eventually find Franks chin in the first round or two... But the more I thought about how Phil fights and how he had lost in the past - I was thinking Frank could win the fight for sure... I do recall being a bit shocked about how easily Frank outclassed Phil..

I think Frank is a guy that could be a top 3 MW in today’s scene.. obviously if he was younger and training at modern gyms/techniques..
his final fight vs Nick was @ catchweight, 179 lbs...

Like many guys from the post-Royce, pre-Zuffa era, Frank doesn’t get enough respect/attention. Legend.

This was a classic... both are warriors. Plus. Speaking of Frank... that Tito fight. Made casuals hardcore fans in one night.

Truly sophisticated and exceptional MMA strategic mastery. Demonstrated what is possible in a mixed martial arts fight.

Most people watching live probably assumed Tito was squashing him. It was likely only afterwards that they realised the reality of what they had seen...

his final fight vs Nick was @ catchweight, 179 lbs...

Ok..

Just cuz he made 179 doesn’t mean he can automatically cut another 9-10 pounds and be efficient.. Maybe In his prime, he would train and eat differently to be a decent sized MW...

He was 200lbs for his title reign... So what...

Lober?? Seriously.... They fought first when Frank was 19 and Lober was a grown ass man who had been training for years.. In the rematch, Frank put the screws to him. Utter domination...

Frank was a product of the time... If he was training today and in his prime, he’s a contender, no doubt in my mind... One of the few...

Dude, Frank was 25, in his physical prime, when he was man handled by purple belt, John Lober, it was his third loss in a row. Frank was a very good fighter, but his achievements didn't truly live up to his nostalgic reputation. So, not 19. Don't make crap up to try and defend your opinion.

Ok..

Just cuz he made 179 doesn’t mean he can automatically cut another 9-10 pounds and be efficient.. Maybe In his prime, he would train and eat differently to be a decent sized MW...

He was 200lbs for his title reign... So what...
only Frank knows

If I trained with maurice smith half my career I'd consider myself a kickboxer too. He also had no choice but to stand because he couldn't get cung down. The more you know
He couldn't get him down because he was shot prime frank could have
Stook around too long
Not as long as ken

1 of my fave fights ever. frank had a torn acl, so couldnt train cardio = he had a low gas tank. still owned him all over.

pre fight talk was phil sayin hes cut down his smoking to 2 packs a day for the fight. said he would ko frank and forget about him.
frank called him a steroided idiot.
phil tested + after the fight

Strikeforce had something about it that the ufc just doesn’t have

Back