Frank Mur is about to be the one who KO’d Fedor, Nogueira and Cro Cop

Not the same fighters they used to be, not even close. Imagine Mir vs Crocop in 2005, he'd be a huge underdog, and against Fedor he'd barely have a chance.

Do you think yair rodriguez is one of the greatest of all time because he beat BJ penn? Or all the guys who beat roy jones jr at the end of his career.

Give me a break, franks a HW legend but he would never be able to beat those guys in their prime.
I think it would mean more if Mir beat these guys while he was the best in the world even if they were past their prime, but just taking the win late in their careers isn't too meaningful. Like Rampage beating Silva in the UFC didn't mean anything other than Silva was on the downslide of his career and Rampage still had some life. Even more so at HW where size is so important without explosivesness and speed.

Not the same fighters they used to be, not even close. Imagine Mir vs Crocop in 2005, he'd be a huge underdog, and against Fedor he'd barely have a chance.

Do you think yair rodriguez is one of the greatest of all time because he beat BJ penn? Or all the guys who beat roy jones jr at the end of his career.

Give me a break, franks a HW legend but he would never be able to beat those guys in their prime.

To be fair Frank has always been a bit of a wildcard, I would not totally count him out of any match given his sub game but I would very heavily favour all of those three over him prime vs prime.

To be fair Frank has always been a bit of a wildcard, I would not totally count him out of any match given his sub game but I would very heavily favour all of those three over him prime vs prime.

Yea he would have a chance in any of those match ups, because of his sub game and also his strategic approach to fighting. He is one of the smartest HWs. But it would be hard for him to overcome the skill gap.

Yea he would have a chance in any of those match ups, because of his sub game and also his strategic approach to fighting. He is one of the smartest HWs. But it would be hard for him to overcome the skill gap.

Although I think he's clearly behind guys like Fedor and Nog, part of the problem he's always had IMHO is that he needs to wait for openings to come his way, he can't create them via misdirection the way those two or say Werdum can and that's often why he's gotten pulped on the ground by people who just play it safe.

Cro cop and fedor likely would but not nog.

I'll vo to my grave saying Nog would've tko'd Mir in the remat h had he not stopped punching when the ref told him to watch the back of his head---which he wasn't hitting.

Pretty remarkable
Him and Fedor are past their prime but still, Frank is much better standing and better on the ground.
Unfortunately, this is probably true but it doesn't mean crap, anyway. It would be like an up and coming boxer beating Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield, in their current state today. These fights should have happened a long time ago and each of those three would have killed the Mir that Vera knocked out.

Unfortunately, this is probably true but it doesn't mean crap, anyway. It would be like an up and coming boxer beating Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield, in their current state today. These fights should have happened a long time ago and each of those three would have killed the Mir that Vera knocked out.
Because Mir ia an up and coming fighter!
Fedor doesn’t do well against bigger guys and Mir will be bigger (by bigger guys, I mean big guys who can actually fight)

Because Mir ia an up and coming fighter!
Fedor doesn’t do well against bigger guys and Mir will be bigger (by bigger guys, I mean big guys who can actually fight)

Frank Mir is currently 38 years old.

Fyodor Emelianenko is currently 41 years old.

Of course, you and I are the only individuals on Sherdog that remember these facts.

Just stop. Any version of CC and Nog would succumb to the same fate... face down with Mir standing over them. You Pride fans and these mythical “primes” are just hilarious.

It would be like an up and coming boxer beating Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield, in their current state today.

This comparison is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Mir and Fedor are from the same era. Mir is arguably even more shot than Fedor having been in just as many brutal wars along with a motorcycle accident that should've ended his career.

Far from being an "up and coming" fighter. :rolleyes:

This comparison is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Mir and Fedor are from the same era. Mir is arguably even more shot than Fedor having been in just as many brutal wars along with a motorcycle accident that should've ended his career.

Far from being an "up and coming" fighter. :rolleyes:
Not the greatest of comparisons but one is on horsemeat and the other, well.... we'll see. Prime Fedor, however, kills prime Mir.

I know he caught them all at the worst of time but those three names(if he beats fedor) on your resume are as good as it gets

I'll vo to my grave saying Nog would've tko'd Mir in the remat h had he not stopped punching when the ref told him to watch the back of his head---which he wasn't hitting.
Non sense. He said watch the back of the head not don't punch him. Nog made a decision to go for the sub and Mir out jitz'd him.

Better than Sonnen being the one to defeat Fedor, Shogun, Rampage, and Wanderlei.

Non sense. He said watch the back of the head not don't punch him. Nog made a decision to go for the sub and Mir out jitz'd him.

Nah...Nog clearly acknowledged the ref's (BS) warning and then immediately changed his strategy.

Depends... there´s always that instinctive part of a fighter where he´s inclined to act according to his main strength.
Add also that "pride thing" , like when the fighter wants to prove something to a potential rival in the same area of expertise...

Back