Frank Mir's Collision

With Shane Carwin's fist.
yfP43Vl.gif

More long term damage than the bike accident probably.

I was still a pretty new MMA fan at this point, I expected Mir to submit Carwin easily ha ha

If the motorcycle accident never occurred a natural Femur Mir would have been a sight to behold at that time. His athleticism took a severe nosedive after his accident. His skills continued to improve and he still had a wildly successful career but I do think about what could have been if he never broke the strongest bone in his body.

He is still one of my favorite fighters of all time, maybe more so given the adversity he faced. Guy deserves all the credit in the world as far as I’m concerned.

Yup, he went from being probably the fastest heavyweight on the roster pre bike accident to one of the slower ones.

Carwin was a monster, but his KO power is so overrated lol. Here he is punching Mir 100 times without KOing him.

Brocks shots weren't that hard. Arm punches doin more superficial damage than anything. Mir just couldn't escape.
Shermongos, motherfucking Shermongos....

What the fuck? Let Lesnar hit you with those "superficial" punches until you get beat into a living death...

Shermongos, motherfucking Shermongos....

What the fuck? Let Lesnar hit you with those "superficial" punches until you get beat into a living death...
Bla bla bla,those arm punches don't impress me :)

If the motorcycle accident never occurred a natural Femur Mir would have been a sight to behold at that time. His athleticism took a severe nosedive after his accident. His skills continued to improve and he still had a wildly successful career but I do think about what could have been if he never broke the strongest bone in his body.

He is still one of my favorite fighters of all time, maybe more so given the adversity he faced. Guy deserves all the credit in the world as far as I’m concerned.
But was it really the strongest bone in his body? His entire body was in that accident and it was the only bone that broke. Hardly sounds like it was the strongest.

Brocks shots weren't that hard. Arm punches doin more superficial damage than anything. Mir just couldn't escape.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Each of those swings is probably landing harder than any LW division haymakers.

But his fist collision with honorary Sherdogger Todd Duffee did more long term damage to the aura of Sherdog
Fh9DV5.gif

Good thing Todd was just a lurker, note that he wasn't signed in
todduffe_crop_north.jpg
This KO is one of my all time faves, couldn't have had any more power put into that. The way Duffy falls. The fight was bananas.

But his fist collision with honorary Sherdogger Todd Duffee did more long term damage to the aura of Sherdog
Fh9DV5.gif

Good thing Todd was just a lurker, note that he wasn't signed in
todduffe_crop_north.jpg

This is why Todd hates MMA fans so much.

I’ve been checking his insta though and he’s looking to make another comeback fight.

Carwin never won a decision. His wins show a 100% finishing record. Lot of what-ifs... What if he had started MMA earlier and had a longer career as a result? What if he had fought smarter against Brock and not gassed?

He went into the Brock fight injured, that’s the thing he couldn’t train hard because he had soo many lingering injuries like his back is fucked (worst injury for fighting is old man back). He probably went nuts because he knew he didn’t have the gas for a five round or perhaps he could’ve kept that pace if he could train properly.

His size fucked him, being the size of a strongman is horrible for you, bad immune system and everything, then he’s lifting heavy ass weights which when you’re doing combat sport they just don’t mix, you can’t be a bodybuilder and a MMA fighter without injuring yourself that’s too hard on the body. You can definitely lift smartly but not to that extent.

Visceral violence..

That's like watching a great white shark attack..

Carwin was already pretty ruined by injuries by the time he fought JDS. He had a ton of back issues and it was pretty obvious with how he moved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back