Frank Mir vs. Josh Barnett is only logical

Barnett has everything to prove, seeing as he hasn't done shit except lose a tournament in the minor leagues.

Believe it or not a few exceptions doesn't mean all rankings disappear. Barnett has to work his way up just like everyone else.

I'm sure his mouth with help with that too, unfortunately. If the UFC even takes him on at all.

strikeforce wasn't the minor leagues lol, barnett has been a top hw for years! mir shouldn't be ranked any higher than barnett, what top wins does he have in the last few years?

Lol no. If Barnett does come over he doesn't deserve more than a bottom 7-10 guy to start.

Nog is coaching TUF agains Werdum.
Silva is signed for Reem.
Struve is signed for Hunto.

So if you need a not-quite-top top-10 fighter, Mir is the only one without a fight scheduled.

That being said, Cormier needs to build up his name before he fight Bones, and fighting Mir is a good way to make yourself known for casual fans. So I think Cormier-Mir is as good as done. And I won't write Frank off at once. DC will be the favourite, but if Mir pull guard or remembers that flying armbar that killed Timmy's arm or that transition to kneebar that he used against Lesnar, he may take it.

I want this fight. I hope Joe and Dana look at this forum. Cormier/Mir isn't nearly as interesting.

he already said he will fight jones, moron. why make him fight at HW first? that make no sense

And are we supposed to take into swing EVERY time a fighter said they would drop weight and fight somebody?

This occurrence has happened copious amounts of times without fruition. If hes going to sit there an audibly say hes going to drop weight and fight in another weight class why should we bank on what hes going to say? Who are we to sit here and say what weight class he has to go to? And furthermore who are we to sit here and bitch and moan and complain??

Lol no. If Barnett does come over he doesn't deserve more than a bottom 7-10 guy to start.

Bottom 7-10 guy...seems a little low...a proven veteran with deadly catch wrestling game....whybso low...the Cormier loss?

Nog is coaching TUF agains Werdum.
Silva is signed for Reem.
Struve is signed for Hunto.

So if you need a not-quite-top top-10 fighter, Mir is the only one without a fight scheduled.

That being said, Cormier needs to build up his name before he fight Bones, and fighting Mir is a good way to make yourself known for casual fans. So I think Cormier-Mir is as good as done. And I won't write Frank off at once. DC will be the favourite, but if Mir pull guard or remembers that flying armbar that killed Timmy's arm or that transition to kneebar that he used against Lesnar, he may take it.

Scheduling is pretty much the only reason I would find that match-up acceptable.

Agree with the whole post actually.

strikeforce wasn't the minor leagues lol, barnett has been a top hw for years! mir shouldn't be ranked any higher than barnett, what top wins does he have in the last few years?

He has two wins over Big Nog in last several years. That's two top-10 wins more than Barnet has in the same timespan.

Bottom 7-10 guy...seems a little low...a proven veteran with deadly catch wrestling game....whybso low...the Cormier loss?

I'm not sold on anything about Barnett tbh. A couple subs against some guys who looked like they've never grappled before doesn't propel him up to a top-5 match-up imo. Admittedly I do tend to overrate Mir though.

Let him take a Struve or Nelson type guy on first and then I'll have no issues with it.

He has two wins over Big Nog in last several years. That's two top-10 wins more than Barnet has in the same timespan.

nog was way past his prime.. it's pretty crazy how nog was in the top 10 after knocking out schaub.

nelson, past prime cro cop, nog are not top wins..

nog was way past his prime.. it's pretty crazy how nog was in the top 10 after knocking out schaub.

nelson, past prime cro cop, nog are not top wins..

What top wins does Barnett have in this time frame lol?

Mir has the Superior wins no matter how you look at it.

Which is exactly why he should fight the UFC HW gatekeeper Mir. Barnett or Cormier would thrash Mir.

What top wins does Barnett have in this time frame lol?

Mir has the Superior wins no matter how you look at it.

he doesn't, he has a lot of solid wins though in the last few years, i'm just saying mir hasn't fought better competition..

mir doesn't have superior wins imo

i wholeheartdly agree. just the style matchup alone is worth it, but consider the personality matchup. this has TUF written all over it. two former ufc champs. why not??

Which is exactly why he should fight the UFC HW gatekeeper Mir. Barnett or Cormier would thrash Mir.

agreed

mir isn't that durable and he does lose to every wrestler he's faced.. well except against tank abbott :p

Josh Barnett vs. Frank Mir is a dream match up - lets see it.

I think Mir has fought way better comp.

barnett has had double the amount of fights frank has had, fought prime nog x2, prime cro cop x3, randy couture, prime rizzo, semmy, aleks, yoshida, monson, sergei, nakamura..

barnett takes it!

I think it's pretty cruel of Cormier to stay at HW until he gets the shot against Jones.

That basically means he is setting heavyweights back for no reason atall.......the people he will beat will fall to the bottom of the pile for no reason.....they've been beaten by a guy who has no plans to actually stick around in the HW division.

I personally find that cruel. Go and crush the dreams of people in the LHW division if you want that championsip.

Wish UFC was in the making fights people wanna see business.
Jone/Sonnen in B4 Jones/Aldo, Jones/The cast of Friends, Jones/Tuna salad...

Back