Frank Mir vs. Josh Barnett is only logical

brazilianblood

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
not making this fight is the stupiddest thing ufc can do right now

both guys with exciting ground game, exciting personality too

cormier is a fat lhw, he already said he will go down and fight bones, so why waste everybody's time?
send him to lhw to fight against winner of page vs. glover to number 1 contender or whatever

mir vs. barnett can be epic like barnett vs. nog I and II

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA

I agree. Mir vs Cormier will not be competitive and will only serve to make Cormier more famous so he can sell ppv when he challenges Jones.

agreed!! but the ufc doesn't put on the fights that fans want to see..

Lol no. If Barnett does come over he doesn't deserve more than a bottom 7-10 guy to start.

I agree. Mir vs Cormier will not be competitive and will only serve to make Cormier more famous so he can sell ppv when he challenges Jones.

Which is a valid strategy IMO
You cannot simply put an unknown guy(for casual fans) against a champion

cormier is a fat lhw, he already said he will go down and fight bones, so why waste everybody's time?

Yes because we are the perfect people to judge, asses, and tell a professional mixed martial artists what to do and where to go.

Puh-fucking-lease

Lol no. If Barnett does come over he doesn't deserve more than a bottom 7-10 guy to start.

deserve? chael doesnt deserve jon jones, nick doesnt deserve gsp... gtfo

barnett has nothing to prove against guys like struve, hunt, browne or whatever, he would submit in one minute anyone of these.

People will always doubt Mir. I think he puts on an exciting fight with Barnett.

As a fan of Mir i'd love to see it.

Would be thrilled for this matchup! Would like to see Mir win but can't say i'm a 100% sure on that. Should be a great fight.

You could argue that Barnett vs. Mir is the greatest fight that has yet to happen for hardcore fans. It's literally that exciting.

deserve? chael doesnt deserve jon jones, nick doesnt deserve gsp... gtfo

barnett has nothing to prove against guys like struve, hunt, browne or whatever, he would submit in one minute anyone of these.

Barnett has everything to prove, seeing as he hasn't done shit except lose a tournament in the minor leagues.

Believe it or not a few exceptions doesn't mean all rankings disappear. Barnett has to work his way up just like everyone else.

I'm sure his mouth with help with that too, unfortunately. If the UFC even takes him on at all.

Yes because we are the perfect people to judge, asses, and tell a professional mixed martial artists what to do and where to go.

Puh-fucking-lease

he already said he will fight jones, moron. why make him fight at HW first? that make no sense

Because Cormier said he needs more time to take the weight off, plus he was already supposed to face Mir a while ago. Dana will please him if he wants that first fight because, while I agree he's indeed a 'fat lhw', he's damn good too and the eyes are on him at the moment.

You could argue that Barnett vs. Mir is the greatest fight that has yet to happen for hardcore fans. It's literally that exciting.

yeah true.. also barnett/arlovski, arlovski/mir, it's a shame mir got injured in 2004 :(

Back