Frank Mir vs Gabriel Gonzaga

Mir has been looking rough and Gonzaga has been looking pretty good. Neither can beat top 10 fighters but they would both be the best fighter either has beaten in a long time. I think it's a pretty winnable fight for Mir to retire on though I'm not sure I would favor him.

Mir vs retirement

He's been losing that fight for a while now.

I'd actually like to see Mir take some time off and cut down to LHW. He talked about doing it back in 2008-09ish but then went the opposite direction and bulked up. I think that makes him (now) far to slow in the cage.

A carefully trimmed down Mir could be a good LHW. i doubt he's make it to the top 5 but I think he would for sure fight his way into the top 10.

Someone call Dolce...

This fight has made sense for a long time and I'm still surprised they never made it

Gonzaga would wreck Mir at this point. Most HWs in the top 15 would I think.

I would like to see Mir just take a few fights as top-10 gatekeeper now. Up and coming HWs who want to break into the top 10 can fight him, should be some challenges for Mir and some exciting subs, he still has plenty of miles on the clock I think, he's still a huge name and has a lot to offer but he needs a rest from top-5 hard-hitting killers. Him beating up-and-coming guys wouldn't necessarily upset their ascension. I just hope he would accept a bit of a drop in competition at least for now.

Mir, would manbearpig KO you in the first?

frank-mir-headphones.gif

Great minds think alike.

Gonzaga would pound him out.

Murr has a shot but I think GG KHTFO at this point

I would love to see this fight, I wold pick Mir via 2nd rd tko.

no more brain trauma for Mir please, he's eaten enough

I still somehow suspect that ko'ing Mir isn't as easy as some of you would think. Only JDS has truly put him out during few years. Barnett beat him up a bit but stoppage was still a bad one.

Mir still should win this one. We all know how bad Gonzaga's cardio is

Mir needs to retire. No more fights. Or break Big Nog's arm one last time and then call it quits.

Interesting fight, I like to see it. But if Mir perform the way he did against Overeem, it could lead to a brutal KO.

I still somehow suspect that ko'ing Mir isn't as easy as some of you would think. Only JDS has truly put him out during few years. Barnett beat him up a bit but stoppage was still a bad one.

So you believe Mir when he said he "dropped on purpose" against Barnett? Maybe he "forgot he could punch" again like he did against Carwin or maybe he had "jet lag" like he claimed he did against Freeman, or maybe he had "Bronchitis" again like he did against Nelson (even though he won that fight he still had an excuse)

And people give Brazilians and Nog crap about making excuses.....Mir should not only have his own book of excuses....he should have his own TV Series

Dude. Gonzaga is gonna kick the shit out of Mir if this happens.

Back