Frank Mir set to make pro wrasslin debut

This cracks me up on a personal level that comes strictly from hating Frank Mir's douchey better than everyone attitude. I remember before the Brock rematch his training buddy mocking Pro Wrestling and saying "It's not the WWE Brock". Well this is just fantastic, now that Mir's jaw is about as solid as Liddell's he turns to Wrasslin. Welcome Frank, you douchenozzle.

Now he can eat as much kangaroo meat as he wants.

tenor.gif

I always wanted to see Ken Shamrock - Frank Mur go at it in MMA territory. It nearly happened in Ken’s second UFC run and I truly wish it had. At the time Mur would have been a more interesting opponent than Franklin was.

He could probably pull it off if he dedicates. Work on his physique a bit, work an angle as a limb snapping maniac cause he's already proven legit at it, and the guy is already a bit naturally arrogant in his demeanor anyways, so if he cranked that to 11 probably an easy sell. I just don't know if this is just a pay day move for frank, or something he has legitimate interest in getting good at.

Much better money being a pro wrestler than some guy getting his brains turned in to mince meat in a cage for drunk american fans.

Yeah but rasslers work ten times harder than UFC bros. They’re on the road basically every day, don’t see their families, have to work out and eat on the road. UFC bro fights max 4 times a year, go to the gym for four hours a day, live with their families, come home every night...

Mir shoulder lock should be his finisher.

I don't think I even remember how to do it.

He could probably pull it off if he dedicates. Work on his physique a bit, work an angle as a limb snapping maniac cause he's already proven legit at it, and the guy is already a bit naturally arrogant in his demeanor anyways, so if he cranked that to 11 probably an easy sell. I just don't know if this is just a pay day move for frank, or something he has legitimate interest in getting good at.
For sure.

Mike Awesome learned everything he knows from Frank Mir.

Mike Awesome is one of the most underrated big men in modern wrestling history. From FMW to ECW to WCW to WWF, just about every org he was ever in all but wasted his massive potential, to one degree or another... How many guys that size could safety work with that range of wrestlers with no one ever getting hurt despite his entire match being one big, jaw dropping high spot? Guy was incredible. Wish I could have met the man. People love the Undertaker and all that but in my opinion he couldn't work like Awesome, and it's not close.

Wait, so Barnett has some kind of promotion? WTF is it, like a part work/part shoot kind of deal?

I've been living under a fucking rock, guys.

Wait, so Barnett has some kind of promotion? WTF is it, like a part work/part shoot kind of deal?

I've been living under a fucking rock, guys.
Its not Barnetts promotion, he was just hosting Bloodsport this year
Last year it was Matt Riddles Bloodsport

Its a great show, not pro wrestling, more like worked submission grappling with strikes
They dont even use ring ropes

Its not Barnetts promotion, he was just hosting Bloodsport this year
Last year it was Matt Riddles Bloodsport

Its a great show, not pro wrestling, more like worked submission grappling with strikes
They dont even use ring ropes

This vaguely reminds me of some of those Asian/Japanese organizations that existed for short periods of time back in the 90's. Do you know what I'm talking about? They used to kind of blurr the line between what was a work and what was a shoot. Inventive for it's time, I used to trade wrestling via mail and VHS tapes back in the day and would see some of that stuff now and again.

Cool to see that it still has a market.

This vaguely reminds me of some of those Asian/Japanese organizations that existed for short periods of time back in the 90's. Do you know what I'm talking about? They used to kind of blurr the line between what was a work and what was a shoot. Inventive for it's time, I used to trade wrestling via mail and VHS tapes back in the day and would see some of that stuff now and again.

Cool to see that it still has a market.
Yea this is influenced by the old UWFi promotions in Japan

@LiquidNuke this is the main event of last years Bloodsport
I loved this match when I watched it live

is there anywhere to watch this besides ordering on FITE?? if anyone knows a link would be appreciated ! I cant believe dan severn is still wrestling he seems like the kind of guy that just loves the business and getting to work hands on. I think if mir had trained for pro wrestling after the first Lesnar fight he could have been successful on some level but at this age and point in his career I dont see this becoming a full time thing

is there anywhere to watch this besides ordering on FITE?? if anyone knows a link would be appreciated ! I cant believe dan severn is still wrestling he seems like the kind of guy that just loves the business and getting to work hands on. I think if mir had trained for pro wrestling after the first Lesnar fight he could have been successful on some level but at this age and point in his career I dont see this becoming a full time thing
Its on XWT

Good for frank. Get those opportunities and those pay days. Always a fan.

Back