Frank Mir not happy fighting Arlovski, talks his chin, Browne, Overeem & breaks down

Definitely one of my favorite fighters and an awesome analyst and speaker. His interviews actually have substance rather than focusing on dum drama and stock responses. I hope that if/when he calls it quits, he gets a prominent role in the promotional aspect of fighting. In the mean time, war Mir!

Id worry too. Andre looks like contender with no holes. Frank has old chin.

Its refreshing to hear a fighter giving this kind of respect to his opponent.
Frank is a smart guy.

Good stuff.

I bet the guy doing the interview thinks he did a great job.

Mir is so well spoken. They should really use him over Cruz on the Fox shows. I like his chances in this fight, though its a fight where both guys have had similar road to get back at least in title contention. I say Mir gets the sub.

Love hearing Frank talk strategy. He seems to know his shit and is a real thinking man's fighter. Love how he's suddenly relevant again.

Last edited:
Guy wins a couple of fights and thinks he's the shit.
He forgets he has 4 back to back losses before that.

Frank's pretty honest with himself. I bet after those fights he spoke in interviews how he wasn't good enough and gave the winners credit.

He wanted a JDS rematch while AA was fighting Cain? O_O

I like Mir, but AA will hurt him less than Junior IMHO

A Stipe fight (the other match-up he mentioned) would have been more interesting.

RF

This is why I don't like Mir. He's always been the kind of guy who uses himself as a measuring stick. When JDS was starting to knock everyone out Mir said, "I hit harder than JDS."

How in the Fuck is the UFC not using Mir for Fox or for calling fights? If he's waiting tell he retires to do so cool. But otherwise if he'd like to currently the UFC should replace someone with Mir. He has more passion and chrisma when he talks about fighting than anyone currently besides Rogan. UFC is retarded I swear.

Frank was an awesome commentator for WEC fights (except when Torres was fighting)

Im glad to see him get some love on here, hope he gets in the booth more

Great interview! I'll always be a fan of Frank and the UFC would be stupid not to use his talents as an analyst or color commentator when he is done in the cage.

Mir is so damn humble, giving mad respect to everyone.

Back