Frank Mir >>> Nogueira

I once made a thread named "Brock Lesnar" and the post read: "Brock Lesnar!". I got double yellow cards for that. How is this thread different? I think mine was more intelligent. Thanks in advance.

in their primes, nog was the better fighter.

this is going to sound very fuckin petty and PRIDE-NUTHUGGERISH, but nog's prime died with PRIDE. he was dropped in 4 out of 5 fight and quite brutally. Barnett dropped him in their first fight (best HW fight of all-time), Sylvia dropped him and had him wobbly for another few min, heath herring KILLED him and somehow let him regain his composure, and then Mir dropped him 3 times in his next fight. it was a rough time for nog, and I think he lost a lot of his agility.

I actually thought mir would tap nog before nog tapped mir.... and I knew it'd be from a kimura. I actually thought Barnett would get a kimura on nog when he was going for his deep half sweep. so i'm not just some blind nog nuthugger. but trying to be as objective as possible, nog would've tko'd mir at any point before 2007.

despite their two fights.....compare their wins, and it's a slight win for nog. compare their losses, and it's a landslide victory for nog.

***also, a thread entitled "favorite fedor/nog" was ABRUPTLY shipped to the wasteland about an hour ago after it received ONE REPLY (sure, it was mine... and i'm bitter).... this isn't too redundant, though? and Pete, you didn't even really elaborate or contribute. you clearly invited a shitstorm

Ummm Mir also has the title wins to his name like the actual UFC title not the paper one like nog. Which he ended up taking off him with an absolutely dominate performance. O wait staph NVM

Lol. You're going to use that?

Guess who Mir beat to win the title? Sylvia. Guess who Nog beat to win the title? Sylvia.

The only difference is that there wasn't Randy Couture holding up the title picture...who Nog later beat the piss out of anyways. So that's a pretty weak argument. It's not like EITHER OF THEM defended the UFC title anyways.

Last edited:
mir-kos-nog.gif

mirnog.gif

Mir>Nog i agree.

Both are legends

But I'll use a quote from Mir to describe how i feel about it.

"It's hard to deny a victory, its not like i won a decision"
-Murr

This is where nog fans make me fucking laugh.

Mir comes back from a devastating crash that nearly costs him his life and gets embarrassed by Vera = terrible loss

Nog has staph and gets destroyed by Mir = doesn't count

What was his excuse for the 2nd Mir fight?

I've never heard once people trying to use the argument you are. Mir beat nog twice cool, nog is still the better fighter from start to finish of their respective careers. Plus when you see the wars nog has been in it's not surprising to see nog Lose.

Because Nog was way past his prime. History will remember Nog as one of the greatest ever. Mir, not even close.

History will remember that Mir knocked Nog out and then broke his f'n arm! This and the beatings by Fedor! Mir beat Sylvia, Lesnar,Nog 2x, Cro-Cop, Nelson, Kongo etc and made Nog his bitch! Goodnight!

History will remember that Mir knocked Nog out and then broke his f'n arm! This and the beatings by Fedor! Mir beat Sylvia, Lesnar,Nog 2x, Cro-Cop, Nelson, Kongo etc and made Nog his bitch! Goodnight!

4 top 10 wins:

Sylvia
Nog
Roy
Nog

I support this thread.

When you had 2 chances to beat a man and got knocked out cold then your arm broken, you are in no way, shape, or form a better fighter.

Is it that simple though?

I am not taking sides and just trying to figure out if your logic is sound.

If every top fighter today could beat every retired champion from 5 years ago or more is it simple enough to say they are all better?

Head to Head Mir was the first to KO/TKO Nog and he was also the first to Tap out Nog so Head to Head Mir > Nog.

Legacy vs Legacy Nog has a better resume. Hallman beat Matt Hughes twice but no one in their right mind would argue Hallman is greater than Hughes.

Nothing to argue here.

And Mir beat Nog, TWICE. Also Mir tooled Nelson who just knocked Nog out brutally.

Like I said Nog's overall MMA legacy surpasses Mir's, but Mir is the better fighter between the two. He proved it by being the first guy to KO Nog and the first to submit him.

so be honest. You think it is undisputable and without question that Dennis Hallman is a better fighter then Matt Hughes.

Is that correct?

Mir fans are just bitter about Nog's legendary status,

he earned it, be quiet, shhhhhh.

Come on! Mir has some legendary ko's and fights......lesnar 2, Cruz, freeman, Vera, Carwin, jds, Barnett

Too bad Mir didn't get his hands on him a few years earlier. Would have stopped all this "Nog is an all time great" nonsense before it ever started.

Real talk.

Serra's best win was GSP.
Mir's best wins are Nog.

GSP's worst loss is Serra.
Nog's worst losses are Mir.

They fought twice, once Nog got KTFO, the other time Nog had his arm broken. Mir>Nog

mir-kos-nog.gif

mirnog.gif

Mir>Nog i agree.

Both are legends

But I'll use a quote from Mir to describe how i feel about it.

"It's hard to deny a victory, its not like i won a decision"
-Murr

Lol can't believe he snapped nogs arm while rocked as shit.

Talk about nogs magic BJJ haha

Too bad Mir didn't get his hands on him a few years earlier. Would have stopped all this "Nog is an all time great" nonsense before it ever started.

Real talk.

that's not real talk.

Real talk is that even if Mir is stylistically a bad match up for Nog (ala Hallman to Hughes) and he got his hands on him earlier Nog's record against top comp of wins and losses would still be much better then Mir's. That is a statement of fact and not opinion. That is Real talk.

There is a reason so many consider that Nog would have been the GOAT had Fedor not come along to derail him. You never hear that of Mir as even UFC GOAT let alone overall.

Too much Real Talk to handle.

Back