Frank Mir heavily criticizes JDS' submission game.

i thought i remember him attempting a guillotine for 2 seconds, but had no gas to commit.

funny-gif-Nathan-Fillion-Castle.gif

Wha-... I... but... oh, carry on. :icon_neut

EDIT:

No, we're reasonable people. JDS himself acknowledged that he should've used his ground game more instead of trying to get up every single time.

He went for an armbar but JDS defended it well. Can't remember the round.

But wouldn't that mean he could be playing into Cains Strategy? Cain may have a very good sub defense.

murr is working that analysis bit, hoping to get a broadcaster job so he doesn't end up fighting til he's 50

"I think he's a victim of his own success"

Wow that is some seriously heavy criticism... not sure if JDS is mentally strong enough to come back from that onslaught from Frank!

When someone loses, they suck. If something bad is said about them, everyone crawls along in agreement.

jds doesn't suck, but it's clear as day he has a big weakness.. i;m sure he will improve in that area.

But wouldn't that mean he could be playing into Cains Strategy? Cain may have a very good sub defense.

Maybe so but after two, three or even four rounds it might be time to try something new.

Just like Bigfoot looked clueless against Cain?

Oh yeah he didn't even last a round against him on the mat

at least bigfoot was attempting sweeps, that fight was over when he got cut open by that elbow.. that's why i don't like elbows, they ruin fights!

Frank Mir shouldn't have stood up with him then and took him to the ground. Maybe then he would've at least had a chance at winning the belt.

Frank tried, but his wrestling wasn't good enough, and his striking wasnt good enough to make JDS keep his hands up. Frank caught Kongo because Kongo has piss poor defensive wrestling, and over committed to stop the takedown. JDS had better TDD than Kongo but was still able to let his hands go because he didn't respect Mir's Striking in a kick boxing match not Mir's ability to get him down.

i love it when an overrated exposed fighter talks smack about another overrated exposed fighter.

Lol, seriously? I'm trying to figure out if you are serious. I don't think Mir is over rated because I don't think anybodys calling him the greatest. The only way you could call JDS over rated is if you were refering to someone saying he's the best fighter on the planet or something. How does someone you've already knocked clean out, expose you? What did he do so different than anybody else, except actually land some good ones?

JDS has a submission game? Damn I need to start paying more attention when watching a fight:(

at least bigfoot was attempting sweeps, that fight was over when he got cut open by that elbow.. that's why i don't like elbows, they ruin fights!

Lol at attempting sweeps. At least JDS was able to stand up MULTIPLE times against Cain. While Bigfoot was "attempting" sweeps

At least JDS didn't allow Cain to beat his ass that bad like Bigfoot did. Elbows or not

I think Mir is spot on. JDS never was a legit BJJ black belt.

There's practically no such thing as a non-legit BJJ black belt, aside from maybe Rashad's (because of his lack of gi training).

Even getting to purple and brown takes a shit ton of time, effort and dedication.

Cain is just that good. Mir's BJJ looked like garbage against JDS, because JDS is that good, not because Mir isn't a legit black belt (which he is).

Last edited:
Back